Error: written for a newer version of Daz Studio

ZathynZathyn Posts: 16

I posted a few days ago about content searches crashing in Daz 3 and finally fixed the problem. Now, when I try and load certain items, I'm getting a message that says 'This was written for a newer version of Daz Studio... please update'. Does anyone know of a way I can get those models to open in Daz 3? Is there a data file or something I have to delete? Any help would be appreciated as I've had weeks of issues trying to get Daz 3 working on this new computer. I'm not the most technical, so please keep any advice in layman's terms because my poor brain can't cope!

I don't want to update to Daz 4.5. I don't like the program at all and want to stick with Daz 3 until they sort out a better content system. I want to arrange my categories in the same way as I can in Daz 3 and I'm yet to find a way to do that with Daz 4.5. If there is a way, then I'd appreciate someone pointing me to a tutorial as this is my main issue with it.

Thank you!

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Now, when I try and load certain items, I’m getting a message that says ‘This was written for a newer version of Daz Studio… please update’.

What items exactly? If you are trying to load any Genesis figures or clothing, they wont load in DS3. The SDK for scripts was aldo changed for DS4.5, and so some scripts definitely wont work either.

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

Zathyn said:
    I want to arrange my categories in the same way as I can in Daz 3 and I'm yet to find a way to do that with Daz 4.5.

How are you using it in DS3 that you can't do in DS4.5? I've been quite capable of not only replicating but improving the categories use in DS4.5? What feature are you missing that's causing you issues?

• ZathynZathyn Posts: 16
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the replies - sorry I haven't responded, I didn't know anyone had posted a comment.

I've attached a couple of images. The first is an example of how I have the categories set up in Daz 3 and I'm not sure if DAZ 4.5 will allow me to organise categories in the same way. I couldn't see how to do it when I downloaded 4.5 it to try out.

Which brings me to the second issue and next image. A few of my models won't open and I receive that error message saying to upgrade to a newer version. I read in another post somewhere that a person was getting the same message when she tried to open files in Daz 3 that she'd previously opened in 4.5

So if I try DAZ 4.5 again, and don't like it, am I going to be stuck with files that won't re-open in DAZ 3?

upgrade.jpg
    1514 x 1043 - 261K
    categ.jpg
    1523 x 1035 - 165K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,473
    edited December 1969

Anything saved from DS4.5, unless it's a preset saved as a DSA file from File>Save as>Deprecated, will not open in DS3 but installing and using DS4.5 won't change your installed content, nor will saving scenes overwrite your DS3-compatible files

• ZathynZathyn Posts: 16
    edited December 1969

Thank you for your reply. I still don't know if 4.5 will let me set up the categories like I have them set up in the image, so I think I'll stick with DAZ 3 for now.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

You should be able to set up your Categories the same way in DS4.5 -- I just imported my DS3 categories into DS4.

What version of DS3 are you using? The final version was 3.1.2.32 -- if you are using an earlier one you could try updating DS3 first.