Newer versions of DAZ 4.5 - worth trouble to upgrade?

BrotherloboBrotherlobo Posts: 495

Greetings all,

I have been away from DAZ for several months and I'm wanting to get back playing with it. I am running DAZ 4.5.0.114 on WIN 7 - 64 bit....I also see there is a new installer app...but the tutorial said something about reinstalling all the software.

My questions:
1) Should I upgrade my version of DAZ (and if so...how? There is no upgrade button)
2) how good is the installer app/rpogram? Is that worth the trouble?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• edited February 2013

I too have been away for several months and would like to know what's the latest beta release to try and if a link can be provided that would be much appreciated.

Post edited by cmramlow_f99ac453ff on
  • KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

1) Should I upgrade my version of DAZ (and if so…how? There is no upgrade button)

In a word "yes". There are a couple of new additions in the last couple of versions that are absolutely worth it. And from what I can tell the current version is very stable.

I think it is in the long run. Not only is downloading/installing faster and way easier you also can click a button to go right to the readme for any product. That way if you don't install everything as you get it you can at least click that and figure out what it is when you see it in the list. I think once you muddle through the whole uninstall/remove thing its a huge time saver.

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

cramlow said:
    I too have been away for several months and would like to know what's the latest beta release to try and if a link can be provided that would be much appreciated.
    The current release edition is 4.5.1.56 and is the latest public version available to my knowledge.
  • edited December 1969

Thank you very much, I found it.

• BrotherloboBrotherlobo Posts: 495
    edited December 1969

Khory said:
    1) Should I upgrade my version of DAZ (and if so…how? There is no upgrade button)

In a word "yes". There are a couple of new additions in the last couple of versions that are absolutely worth it. And from what I can tell the current version is very stable.

I think it is in the long run. Not only is downloading/installing faster and way easier you also can click a button to go right to the readme for any product. That way if you don't install everything as you get it you can at least click that and figure out what it is when you see it in the list. I think once you muddle through the whole uninstall/remove thing its a huge time saver.

Thanks. I have installed the newer version and I'm in the process of uninstalling/reinstalling all my content. Right now it's a pain in the arse but I'm gambling that it will be worth it in the long run