Install Manager

I love the idea of this, it used to take me days to reinstall things, but after using it my models are missing files and I cannot use them. I tried uninstalling daz and all the content then reinstalling everything and am still having issues with no "support" folder.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

We would need a lot more information to help you.

, but after using it my models are missing files and I cannot use them

What can't you use, Genesis, V4, other? When you say you cannot use them, what do you mean, are you getting error messages?

• Daniel BarnettDaniel Barnett Posts: 389
    edited December 1969

I liked it also until I found that most of my bundle items didn't download and install!

Is there a good forum page to report what DIM isn't downloading?

dbb

edited December 1969

dbbdaniel said:
    I liked it also until I found that most of my bundle items didn't download and install!

Is there a good forum page to report what DIM isn't downloading?

dbb

There is a place in the Mantis Bug Tracker to report these : https://bugs.daz3d.com/main_page.php

You need to create a new account to use it, if you don't have one already.

• borgtrekkerborgtrekker Posts: 112
    edited December 1969

I too am experiencing the same difficulties with DIM especially with zipped files that i have purchased but do not show in DIM...

For example: I recently purchased 2 products for "The Girl" and neither "The Girl" purchased several months ago nor these products purchased a few weeks ago that are all zipped files for my Windows PC - none of them are listed in DIM. Therefore I have to go back through all my purchases to locate all the zipped files and MAKE SURE either they are or not in DIM. If not then they have to be manually downloaded and installed.

Maybe this is what others are experiencing too... If so DIM needs some work done on it that will hopefully be fixed by the time the program comes out of it's current Beta version we are all using...

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

That is not the Issue, Daz 3D is still converting files to the DIM format. They will appear in your DIM download list as soon as the files get converted. Until then you can install by hand and then just uninstall them before you Install with DIM.

• Daniel BarnettDaniel Barnett Posts: 389
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    That is not the Issue, Daz 3D is still converting files to the DIM format. They will appear in your DIM download list as soon as the files get converted. Until then you can install by hand and then just uninstall them before you Install with DIM.

Thank you! Great to know. I'll just sit back and relax!!!
    dbb

• edited December 1969

My base models like V4.2 etc will not work only genesis. The problem is I render with various models so I need them all to work, would a manual reinstall fix it? I actually uninstalled everything and reinstalled fresh, but even some of my textures are not loading right.

edited December 1969

I don't understand, are you saying that V4 wont load at all? Why? Is there an error message?

Did you reinstall using the DIM to the same path as everything else? Does V4 appear in the Content Library pane under Poser Formats > My DAZ 3D Library > Figures > DAZ People?

• edited February 2013

It says something along the lines that there is no support file and she does with "actor" in the corner.

Post edited by Wicked Rose Designs on
    edited December 1969

If you are talking about the Smart Content pane, you may not be trying to load the correct item, although Actor does sound correct. Did you install the Base V4 figure, and did you also install the various morphs, A4 etc?

Can you please try form the Content Library pane, Poser Formats > My DAZ 3D Library > Figures > DAZ Psople.

• edited December 1969

I did, and it isn;t loading I even have the genesis morphs for v4 and M4, that doesn't work.

edited December 1969

Are you saying that Genesis doesn't work now either?

To make Genesis look like V4, go to the Parameters pane, select Actor > Female > Real World, and you should see a slider there for applying the morph. Is that morph slider not there?

Did you install everything to the default location? There is a new location now for installing using the DIM, or did you just install again to the My Library folder? Did you install everything to the same path? Did you install all of the required files?

• edited December 1969

I installed to the recommended location which I believe is my library. I am at work so I am not in front of that PC. I also have had issues since I am on Windows 8 as well with various programs. if they need to go to another path I can uninstall everything again and reset the location.

edited December 1969

There is a new install path that the DIM uses, but you can also intall to other paths as well if you need to. The new install path is in the Public folder. Windows 8 may be causing problems, but I don't know why, but you can run DAZ Studio in Compatitbilty Mode, and select Win 7, that may help, and it may help with other software too.

• BunnyTVSBunnyTVS Posts: 13
    edited February 2013

I'm having the same problem with V4/M4.

Using the Dim, I've installed V4 base/V4 base powerloader and V4 base StudioCF files. V4 appears in my content directory fine, however when you try and load her into a scene you get the error message The "Victoria 4" support folder could not be found.

If you click OK the powerloader window appears, but all tabs are empty.

The same applies to M4.

In my case my Daz installl is to my C drive, but my content is mapped to F.

Post edited by BunnyTVS on
    edited December 1969

In my log file for the DIM, it says the following for my V4 Base install.

Installing product : Victoria 4.2 Base
    Executing post install file: C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Gen 4 Content/Runtime/libraries/!DAZ/DzCreateExPFiles-V4.bat
    Finished Process: C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Gen 4 Content/Runtime/libraries/!DAZ/DzCreateExPFiles-V4.bat
    Product successfully installed : Victoria 4.2 Base
    Installing product : Victoria 4.2 Base StudioCF
    Product successfully installed : Victoria 4.2 Base StudioCF

It looks to me like your DzCreateExPFiles-V4.bat did not run properly, and that is what is causing the problem. You should find them (M4 as well) in your Runtime > Libraries > !DAZ folder, note that !DAZ has an exclamation mark in front of it. You can run the DzCreateExPFiles-V4.bat file from there.

The Log File for my DIM is here :C:\Users\Public\Documents\DAZ 3D\InstallManager, and if you search for 'Victoria 4' inside it, it might give you an idea of what happened. You could try running the V4 and M4 bat files first though.

• MarshianMarshian Posts: 1,462
    edited February 2013

Initially texture maps were missing- such as MilDragon2 and Homo_Erectus. After going to Preferences > Content Directory Manager and adding "My DAZ 3D Library" directory to "DAZ studio Formats" all is working.

This new content only shows in the Smart Content pane which I rarely use so I think I'll add the files to the regular content library.

Follow up - Adding "My DAZ 3D Library" to the Poser Formats in Content Directory Manager allowed new content to show up in the content library in two places- DAZ Studio Formats and Poser Formats. Now (including Smart Content) I have 5 separate places to go to for content. It's a bit overwhelming.

Gotta simplify where to find everything- or open up yet a another wing in my brain to hold this new info.

Thanks for the responses on working with Categories I haven't explored that area yet. Let me know if there's another tutorial beyond this: http://snowsultan.deviantart.com/art/Creating-Categories-in-DAZ-Studio-308244907

Post edited by Marshian on
    edited February 2013

Everything that you have installed will always appear in the Content Library pane, assuming that it is a mapped folder. Whether it appears in Smart Content depends on whether it has Metadata or not, and also if the CMS is running or not. The Content Library shows content regardless of these things.

There is also Categories, which is another way you can look at your content, and you can set it up whatever way suits you. The more ways of looking at content the better IMO. Categories (and Products) require the CMS to be running of course.

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
    edited December 1969

Catagories does require the CMS to be running. Just a FYI.

edited December 1969

I updated my first post to add that the CMS is needed for Categories and Products, it is also needee for the Search function to work in the Content Library pane as well.

edited December 1969

Executing post install file: C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Gen 4 Content/Runtime/libraries/!DAZ/DzCreateExPFiles-V4.bat
    Finished Process: C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Gen 4 Content/Runtime/libraries/!DAZ/DzCreateExPFiles-V4.bat

It looks to me like your DzCreateExPFiles-V4.bat did not run properly, and that is what is causing the problem. You should find them (M4 as well) in your Runtime > Libraries > !DAZ folder, note that !DAZ has an exclamation mark in front of it. You can run the DzCreateExPFiles-V4.bat file from there.

The Log File for my DIM is here :C:\Users\Public\Documents\DAZ 3D\InstallManager, and if you search for 'Victoria 4' inside it, it might give you an idea of what happened. You could try running the V4 and M4 bat files first though.

Checked my log, looks just like yours, the .bat file was created fine. I opened up the zip and ran the bat manually, no change. I have reset and reinstalled all 3 files through the DIM. The only thing that's nagging me is that the error asks for the Victoria 4 support folder, while all support files are inside the same folder. Kicking this up to the help desk.

edited December 1969

BunnyTVS said:

Checked my log, looks just like yours, the .bat file was created fine. I opened up the zip and ran the bat manually, no change. I have reset and reinstalled all 3 files through the DIM. The only thing that's nagging me is that the error asks for the Victoria 4 support folder, while all support files are inside the same folder. Kicking this up to the help desk.You must run the INSTALLed Bat file. from the Install folder. The location was given above.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    You must run the INSTALLed Bat file. from the Install folder. The location was given above.

Ok, found those bats and ran them as well, no difference.

edited February 2013

BunnyTVS said:
    Jaderail said:
    You must run the INSTALLed Bat file. from the Install folder. The location was given above.

Where exactly did you install V4 and M4 to? What is the exact path to your content folder please?

What OS are you using, and what version of DAZ Studio too please?

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
    edited December 1969

BunnyTVS said:
    Jaderail said:

Where exactly did you install V4 and M4 to? What is the exact path to your content folder please?

What OS are you using, and what version of DAZ Studio too please?

Win7 64
    Daz 4.5.1.56 64bit pro

Daz itself is installed in C:/Program File/Daz 3D

Default Content folder is F:/Ian/Daz 3D

DIM is set to target installs to F:/Ian/Daz 3D

V4/M4 are specifically installed to F:/Ian/Daz3D/Runtime/libraries/Character/Daz People

V4/M4 support files are installed to F:/Ian/Daz 3D/Runtime/Support

This is all on a completely clean install on my new PC.

edited December 1969

Well, so far it looks correct, but what is installed to the Support folder?

I have a Base.DSA and a Base.DSX file for V4, among others, is that what you have?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

Can you go to Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager, expand the "DS format" and "Poser Format" sections, and post a screenshot?

edited February 2013

Can you go to Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager, expand the "DS format" and "Poser Format" sections, and post a screenshot?

I have the dsa and dsx files for M4/V4 base and M4/V4 base studioCF.

Here's my Content manager mapping.

Edit: I appear to be able to load files not related to V4/M4 fine.

content.jpg
    508 x 493 - 150K
    Post edited by BunnyTVS on
    edited December 1969

That is your problem.

You have the DAZ Studio Formats path entered correctly, but the Poser Formats one needs F:/Ian/DAZ 3D as well, the same as the DS Formats one. You don;t need the entries for 'My DAZ 3D Library' in either of the formats since you don;t have anything installed there, or do you?

edited December 1969

That is your problem.

You have the DAZ Studio Formats path entered correctly, but the Poser Formats one needs F:/Ian/DAZ 3D as well, the same as the DS Formats one. You don;t need the entries for 'My DAZ 3D Library' in either of the formats since you don;t have anything installed there, or do you?

Thanks, that got it. Yeah I got a prompt recommending I add the 'My Daz 3D Library' to the Content manager for some reason, but it's just a sub folder of my main content, so I'll delete them and see how it goes.

V4 is loading fine now.