Texture issue - line through head

vdodirectorvdodirector Posts: 0

I have the Trey texture and really like it. But I didn't notice until recently an issue where the areas where the texture meets in the head/neck area, seem to leave a noticeable line in the render (see image of the black guy). Anyone know how to go about fixing this?

Head_line_issue2.jpg
640 x 360 - 137K

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited February 2013

Are you using this on M4 or Genesis? If on Genesis, make sure that the UV set is set correctly to M4.

If it is M4, you may need to turn down your shading rate to 0.2

Incidentaly, you can post a much larger image so that we can see what you mean, the forum software will resize it.

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • vdodirectorvdodirector Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm fairly new to the texturing/shading side of things. Can you point me to where I'd find the "Shading Rate"? I'm using M4.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

The Shading Rate is an option in the Render Settings pane (Advanced), and the default is set to 1.0, which can be a little high for some things. Some people always use 0.2 (or lower) for final renders. Going below 0.1 won;t make any real difference, but will increase render speed enourmously.

Try that and see how it works, 0.2 should be low enough

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,950
    edited December 1969

The Shading Rate is an option in the Render Settings pane (Advanced), and the default is set to 1.0, which can be a little high for some things. Some people always use 0.2 (or lower) for final renders. Going below 0.1 won;t make any real difference, but will increase render speed enourmously.

Try that and see how it works, 0.2 should be low enough

You mean it will increase your render TIME enormously!
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

a Setting of just .5 is normally enough to fix the texture issues and will not increase your render times by too much. Some but less than lower settings.

• vdodirectorvdodirector Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

AWESOME! Thanks guys, that worked beautifully!