32 bit vs 64 bit? and correct location of the database

SassanikSassanik Posts: 340

Okay I reinstalled and apparently my database is in a old location? Under program data instead of program files. Do I need to fix this? If so how?

I am running Win Vista 64 bit, I installed the Daz Studio for 64bit.
Is there a reason to run 32bit version over the 64bit? I am assuming they are the same, but hey never hurts to double check!
Thanks!
Amy

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

If you are running a 64 bit OS then there is no need to even think about the 32 bit version...

As to where the DB is...can it find it? If it can, leave it alone.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited February 2013

If you have an extra set of databases under ProgramData you can delete them.

ETA: Stop the CMS while deleting them.

Post edited by fixmypcmike on
  • edited February 2013

mjc1016 said:
    If you are running a 64 bit OS then there is no need to even think about the 32 bit version...

A person posted on an older thread (June 2012) that they prefer DS 32 bit because the 64 bit version doesn't lip sync. That's all the comment said on the issue.

I've used DS with Mimic Lite, but I've found that it only works with older figures, not Genesis. (I get talking animals but not talking people.) Is this possibly an issue with DS 64 bit? Do newer versions of Mimic work with Genesis? Is it meant to work with M4/V4/K4? I'd really like to be able to use that program.

Post edited by swee0051_129ccb1f26 on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

ChiMakwa said:
    mjc1016 said:

A person posted on an older thread (June 2012) that they prefer DS 32 bit because the 64 bit version doesn't lip sync. That's all the comment said on the issue.

I've used DS with Mimic Lite, but I've found that it only works with older figures, not Genesis. (I get talking animals but not talking people.) Is this possibly an issue with DS 64 bit? Do newer versions of Mimic work with Genesis? Is it meant to work with M4/V4/K4? I'd really like to be able to use that program.

I don't have Mimic Lite, so I don't know, but it sounds more like a problem with that item than DS's bit count.