Genesis default characters loading with incorrect UV's?

nowefgnowefg Posts: 557

Studio 4.5.1.56 64 bit, Windows 7 64 bit

I noticed something strange, though it may be normal and I've just not seen it.

The default Genesis character, Genesis Female, loads with V4 UV's, and Genesis Male loads with M4 UV's,

although both show their own Genesis Male & Genesis Female option in the UV pull-down. And, if I choose, for example, the Genesis

Male UV off the list, it doesn't fit the shape of Genesis Male, as it loads straight from the Genesis Characters folder.

I haven't done any customizing-saves of either default Genesis Character; not sure if one even can.

Is this the way it should be happening? If not, is there a "reset" somewhere that doesn't involve a complete

return to Daz default preferences? I tried reinstalling the latest Genesis Essentials, and also backtracking to Studio 4.5.1.6 and

the Essentials that came with it, but there is no change in the issue, which seems to involve shaping of the

oughta-be-default Genesis characters.

I'm having a similar problem with HSS, which loads into a new scene with settings that I don't think are default,

most noticeably the Fresnel settings. I have never known what those were or did, and I know I didn't change them from zero,

but I have installed a product, Flink's Water 2, which may utilize the Fresnel reflection/refraction effects, but those setting changes

are present whether that water product is present in the scene or not, and appear, now, every time I apply HSS.

Haven't had a chance to really track that one, yet, and don't actually know that the water is the culprit.

So, the base questions, here, are about restoring default shape/UV/surface settings to the default Genesis characters,

so they load as stock/default. And, returning to baseline settings with HSS after using it.

Seems like all defaults should be automatically restored at end-of-session, or the next start, and that I shouldn't have to "zero" anything

myself, just to get to default.

Anyone have any thoughts/experience on this?

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

The default UV Set for Genesis when I load the Base Genesis.duf, is the V4 set. It has always been that way to the best of my knowledge.

• nowefgnowefg Posts: 557
    edited December 1969

Thanks, JimmyC_2009,

What is throwing me is that the UV pulldown shows a separate listing for both V4 and Genesis Female, and they don't both fit. Not to worry seemingly.