DIM - Update products

ironcheeseironcheese Posts: 72

Hello everybody,
I have installed DIM, which I don't use almost at all since I would expect it do download files for me in either .exe (PC) and .zip (Mac) formats, but it doesn't ...

I still keep it sitting on my HD for one reason: I launch it from time to time to see if it shows any "updated products" as I saw in one of the advertising screenshots.

Never saw an updated product so far...

Now I incidentally reset M5 and V5 purchases and find that 90% of the files have been updated!

Does anybody please can confirm if purchased product show up in DIM when the're updated even if they were never downloaded by DIM, but only manually?

Thank You!

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

No you need to use DIM to download the products for the updates to show.

Also please note that once all files are converted all porducts will come as zip files, which can be used for either PC or Mac. exe files are being phased out.

• ironcheeseironcheese Posts: 72
    edited December 1969

Ah, OK good.
    Thanks for the information

EXEs are giving me issues with Norton 360 sometimes...

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

DIM will only show products as updated if you have downloaded or installed them with DIM -- if you never downloaded them it won't call them updates.

edited December 1969

Thanks for the info.
    Just one more question on the same topic:

if I download my whole set of purchases and then
    I uninstall DIM (or format my PC) and then reinstall, will it forget everything needed an update, or is it linked to my online DAZ account?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,468
    edited December 1969

You need to keep the .dsx files and the zips, in the folder set as the download location, or the file manifests for installed content, in (for Windows) C:\Users\Public\Documents\DAZ 3D\InstallManager\ManifestFiles

edited December 1969

Great, will do that on my Backup HD and then put the file back in place