Cannot Load DAZ Studio 3 on my computer anymore

JP3DJP3D Posts: 0

I just uninstalled DAZ studio 3 on my computer tonight and was going to install the one that came with content on my computer and I kept getting an error message. So I tried to re-install the version without content and that one will not work also. I have never had this problem before. I have just spent a long time re installing a lot of content for studio 3 and now I have lost the ability to install it on my computer. It might have something to do with it uninstalled DAZ Studio 4 by accident I am not sure. When I try to run the application from within my C drive i get a message telling me the dzcore.dll is missing? Can anyone get me through this please.

Comments

• JP3DJP3D Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I just uninstalled DAZ Studio 3 from my computer tonight and I cannot re-install it I keep getting an error message. I have never had this problem before. I downloaded the installers from my account I have the very latest version of Studio 3 it no longer installs? I have just spent a lot of time re-installing a ton of content for it. I decided i wanted the version with content and tried to uninstall the one without content so I could replace it. and thats when it would no longer install anymore.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

What error message are you getting?.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

What is your OS? And PC type.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,468
    edited February 2013

Merged duplicate threads - if you wish we can move this to DAZ Studio Discussions

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • JP3DJP3D Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I do not know why but by disabling my anti virus they would load? I have never had to do that to load any DAZ product before but it worked.

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

Actually, when such a problem occurs with DAZ studio, it is very often because of antivirus.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

jperyer said:
    I do not know why but by disabling my anti virus they would load? I have never had to do that to load any DAZ product before but it worked.

Because many AV products these days are using some form of 'reputation' based detection for installers...if they recognise it, then it can run. If they don't, it's gone.