Error loading Genesis Basic Female Randomizer

I purchased and installed the Genesis Basic Female Randomizer on 2/19. When I try to apply it to the Genesis figure I get the following message:

Error opening file - An error occurred while reading the file, see the log file for more details.

The log file includes:

Loading Startup Scene : C:/Users/___/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Scenes/DefaultScene.duf
*** Scene Cleared ***
File loaded in 0 min 3.0 sec.
Loaded file: DefaultScene.duf
Executing DAZ Script file: C:/Users/___/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/People/Genesis/Poses/3D Universe/Character Randomizer/Genesis Basic Female/Randomize Basic Female All.dse
Failed to load script file!

I emailed and called tech support but was told it is taking 3 to 5 days for them to respond. I tried reinstalling and have same issue.

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot?

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

What exactly is contained in your file DefaultScene.DUF, and did you create and save this scene yourself?

Do you have a default Genesis.duf file in My Library/People/Genesis folder?

• edited December 1969

The the only addition I made to the standard default scene is to add a camera. The default scene opens with the base Genesis character. I'm trying to apply the randomizer to this Genesis base character as my first step.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,473
    edited December 1969

Exactly which version of DS are you using - Help>About DAZ Studio? If it's older than the script the script won't run.

edited February 2013

I think you will need to load a fresh Genesis figure from the People folder, and not from a saved scene for this to work.

Creating a camera in a scene can be done in Preferences, where you can elect to have a default camera with every scene

EDIT:

Didn't see your post Richard, sorry

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • edited December 1969

I'm using DAZ Studio 4.5.1.6 Pro (64-bit).

I tried applying to a fresh Genesis figure with the same error.

• Rogue7Rogue7 Posts: 131
    edited December 1969

I solved this problem by upgrading my copy of DazStudio to 4.5.1.56

edited December 1969

Thanks Rogue7, that will help a lot.

DS4.5.1.56 has been available for quite a few weeks now, and is the current stable (non-beta) version of DAZ Studio 4.5 Pro.

@SCrickmer
    You will need to reset your downloads from your Itemised Order History to get the latest version of DS4.5 (4.5.1.56), and that should solve your problem. In future, it is hoped to upgrade using the DIM, but that is not possible at the moment.

• edited December 1969

Thanks everyone.

• RenderPretenderRenderPretender Posts: 1,041
    edited December 1969

I seem to be having the same issue. Will upgrading to the non-beta just install over the current 4.5, or will I have to reconfigure a lot of settings yet again? And do I need to reinstall the peripheral stuff like Essentials, or just the core 4.5 app?

Thank you.

edited December 1969

You wont have to reset anything, the new version will uninstall the previous one, and keep all of your previous settings.

I am not sure which version of Genesis Starter Essentials that coms with 4.5.1.56, but try without reinstalling that first, and see how it works for you. If you get errors with Genesis, then you may need to reintstall the Essentials file.

• RenderPretenderRenderPretender Posts: 1,041
    edited December 1969

Jimmy, that seems to have done the trick. I always worry about "collateral damage" in these sorts of "upgrade" scenarios, but so far, so good. Thank you.

• lexbairdlexbaird Posts: 167
    edited December 1969

Rogue7 said:
    I solved this problem by upgrading my copy of DazStudio to 4.5.1.56

My version is Mac 4.5.1.6 Pro 64 bit. Is the 4.5.1.56 actually a later version, despite the number, or do I have the latest? (I got started over the Holiday break).

edited December 1969

Yes, it is a little confusing sometimes. These are not decimal points, just read the numbers as integers, so 56 is much larger than 6.

4.5.1.56 is the latest version available for download, and it is very stable. I have been using it for a while now.

• edited December 1969

The upgrade to 4.5.1.56 solved my problem as well. Thanks.

• staticstatic Posts: 325
    edited March 2013

Well, my version number says 4.5.1.6 Pro Edition (64 bit), but I can't find out how to update Studio. Every time I try me it tells me I already own it.

Post edited by static on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

Go to your Itemized Order History and Reset it.

• staticstatic Posts: 325
    edited March 2013

Thanks! And might I just add..."d'oh!"

I've just updated it and it's working now, so, thanks for the info.

Post edited by static on
  • edited December 1969

Go to My Account > Itemized Order History, locate DAZ Studio 4.5 Pro then click Reset. From there you should be able to download and install the latest version (4.5.1.56).