Install Manager 1

I recently tried out the Install Manager beta and found it to be quite useful. However, there were a few downloads that did not install properly. DAZ displays empty rectangles with explanation marks in yellow 'yield sign' triangles. Here are the downloads that did not seem to install. Michael 4 base. Genesis Starter Essentials. Casual Surf Wear for Genesis. Jason for Genesis. Jingle Fae for V4. Jingle Fae for Poser CF. Starla Hair for Poser CF. Victoria 4.2 base for Studio CF and Victoria 42 base.
I'm guessing that I simply reset the downloads from DAZ, but will wait for one of you to comment first.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I take it that you are looking in the Smart Content pane?

The yellow exclamation marks have nothing to do with the install, I have never had one fail yet, it is to do with the Metadata. You need to go to the Content Library pane, and use the drop down menu to select Content DB Maintenance, then Remove Orphaned File References.

Did you uninstall your content before using DIM?

• edited December 1969

I did not uninstall content prior to using the Install Manager beta. As for the options in the editor, here are the ones that are available to me:

Mark All Content as Seen
    Consolidate File References
    Condense Data Base
    Process Metadata Queue
    Re-import Metadata
    Reset Database

The option you suggest is not visible.

edited December 1969

Very weird, what version of DS4.5 are you using, Help About DAZ Studio will tell you. Does your version of DAZ Studio say 'Pro' in the title bar?

You are supposed to uninstall all of your content prior to reinstalling with the DIM, or else install to an new empty folder.

• edited December 1969

Looks like I'm still using 4.03.19 Pro. What do I need to do to update this thing?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

It's not under Content DB Maintenance, it's several lines above it.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

If you reset your download in Itemized Order History, you'll get the latest version, 4.5.1.56

The yellow triangles are because the default content has changed from .dsf files to .duf files, which only work in 4.5

• edited December 1969

Yes. Thank you. I'm in the process of downloading the updates. I've been depending more on Blender lately, but DAZ still has its merits.

• thaleasthaleas Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

sorry if im posting in the wrong place,but i got a question, im new to trien out the 3d programs and such, just got a invitation at a convention i went to try it out and it was free to download so thought id check it out, i went to download daz studio 4.5 pro and it downloaded the daz 3d install manager, from there i downloaded and it looks like installed in the install manager genesis starter essentials and poser CF,but i cant seem to use them, i can see the pics, but cant use the duf files, or actually use the daz studio, if its even there, i have searched for hrs trien to find help on forums and such and non of them r helpen me, the videos i watch dont seem to help me eigther, im currentlly usen a windows 7, i think its 64 bit comp, but i couldnt find a 64 bit file for daz to download so downloaded 32 bit,can anyone help me deal with this, thx for ur time

edited December 1969

The DAZ Install Manager (DIM) is 32 bit, and it works on 64 bit sytems as well.

It ONLY donwloads content, and not the DAZ Studio application or plugins at the moment, you need to go to 'My Account', and then to My Available Downloads, and download the version for your system. There is PC or Mac, 32 bit or 64 bit available, and some plugins as well, if you have a recent full version of Photoshop or ZBrush.

Once you have installed DAZ Studio, enter the Pro serial number with should also be in your My Account area under Avallable Serial Numbers.

Hope that gets you started. If you have any further questions, please post them in the New Users Forum, and we will be very pleased to see you.