pose and animation basic question

kistanchyokistanchyo Posts: 0

I am brand new to DAZ. I am trying to create a simple animation for second life. I have imported the SL male avatar. Positioning the head, upper body, arms, hands, etc works well and I am able to animate the avatar. However, the feet remain at the original pose. If I move them, or change the stance a bit, the will immediately revert back to the original standing pose when I run the animation. Can someone give me some guidance here? I would greatly appreciate it. I must not be doing something right.
Thank you.

Comments

• carolinebegbiecarolinebegbie Posts: 162
    edited December 1969

I don't know if there's something special about the SL male avatar, but are you using the aniMate2 timeline or the DAZ timeline?

If you are using aniBlocks on the aniMate2 timeline, if you are not in editing mode, the pose will not be saved. So you might have the walking aniBlock, and change an arm movement out of editing mode. It will look like it's changed, but when you move to another frame and back again, you will find that the arm movement is not changed.

To edit aniBlocks, you need to have the full version of aniMate2, unless you are within your first 30 days of using DAZ Studio.

• kistanchyokistanchyo Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you for your reply. I was removing the T-pose, and starting my animation at frame one. I found out that was my problem. Once I left the T-pose intact at frame one, everything else followed. Now the animation is completed, and I am at a loss of what to do with the T-pose. Can I delete it now? Gonna try.
    Again, thank you for your reply.