Now Available! Lorella the Elf Maiden [Commercial]

Comments

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

And an extra special thank you for the panty ... it is so often pretty loinclothes come without.

So: I LOVE THE BUNDLE! And it is mine. Yes!

• DemonicaEviliusDemonicaEvilius Posts: 144
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    And an extra special thank you for the panty ... it is so often pretty loinclothes come without.

So: I LOVE THE BUNDLE! And it is mine. Yes!

LOL Yes ... I agree! Also needed the panties for the bikini styles :) So it worked out well lol

Glad you like them :)

• Canary3dCanary3d Posts: 2,021
    edited December 1969

Woo, I got the bundle yay!

That poser render looks terrific, even without hair....your mats are reeeaally nice.

• Miranas ArtMiranas Art Posts: 68
    edited March 2013

Got it. It's so beautiful, especially those wonderful clothing textures. It is so awesome that there are so much included!

36-13.jpg
    1599 x 1163 - 506K
    Post edited by Miranas Art on
    edited March 2013

Canary3d said:
    Woo, I got the bundle yay!

That poser render looks terrific, even without hair....your mats are reeeaally nice.

Ah thanks it was pretty much just a quick load and render lol :) The skin is all down to Jess, she makes beautiful skin shaders :)

Got it. It's so beautiful, especially those wonderful clothing textures. It is so awesome that there are so much included!

Woah that is gorgeous!! :D I am loving seeing her used by others in such cool scenes!! ... That expression is great by the way :D

We always add more than we plan too *grin* it gets away with us, but we love giving good value for the money, economy being what it is :(

Post edited by DemonicaEvilius on
  • SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

I love the renders and think she's terrific. I got the bundle and installed into Studio. All I can find is her head under shaping and her body there too but with no thumbnail. I can't find anything at all in Smart Content--no figure, no skin, no clothes.

Is there something wrong with my files, or with the metadata? This is so frustrating. I'm used to organizing my content but I've decided to rely on Smart Content for Genesis in Studio and I'm coming up short. :(

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Been a while since I've had an impulse buy, but the bundle was too lovely to pass up. I absolutely adore the textures, and the outfit is wonderful for all kinds of fantasy works. Here's how she looks when put into Luxrender. Not very many samples, so it's a bit grainy, but I'll post the newer image when it's had more time to render.

Thanks for the lovely set!

Lorella.jpg
    750 x 1000 - 438K
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

Spit said:
    I love the renders and think she's terrific. I got the bundle and installed into Studio. All I can find is her head under shaping and her body there too but with no thumbnail. I can't find anything at all in Smart Content--no figure, no skin, no clothes.

Is there something wrong with my files, or with the metadata? This is so frustrating. I'm used to organizing my content but I've decided to rely on Smart Content for Genesis in Studio and I'm coming up short. :(

Got a feeling it's the metadata. I have the metadata files in the support folder, but it looks like it wasn't saved or completed, cos neither Lorella the character nor the outfit are showing in smart content. And hwen loading hte outfit and selecting it, none of the materials show in smart content either.

If you go to your content library, and click on the Lorella outfit folder, then select the dress, go to Content DB Editor. You can see none of the MD has been done - nothing categorized or typed or anything.

edited December 1969

One of the quickest ways to tell that MD hasn't been done or completed - after installing, go to the "Products" in Content Library. Find the outfit/whatever there and if nothing is showing, then MD wasn't done. And if none of the icons have a "banner" across it saying actor, or figure, or preset, or material or whatever, then it's not done. Or select it and go to the Content DB editor and see what's there.

edited December 1969

You know, I don't use the smart content or MD so I never noticed this, but holy cow, there is a crapload of genesis stuff that doesn't have MD.

edited December 1969

Thanks for checking, Jaki. And Jaki, you're right. There is so much stuff missing I can't keep track. Lorella is there in Products though. Both the character and the outfit.

And, darnit, which folder in clothing? Which in materials? I'm really tearing my hair out right now.

edited December 1969

Spit said:
    Thanks for checking, Jaki. And Jaki, you're right. There is so much stuff missing I can't keep track. Lorella is there in Products though. Both the character and the outfit.

And, darnit, which folder in clothing? Which in materials? I'm really tearing my hair out right now.

File a bug report on the missing MD, Spit. It's the only way it'll get updated. QA won't know about it unless it's reported.

edited December 1969

Not tonite, I've had it. Spent a month dealing with files. Spent too much already this month and all I get for it is missing metadata. I wanted to spend time starting a thread about how we can get images like Lorella's promos in Studio. I love that lighting and know, just know, the promos were rendered in Poser. But now I can't even find her in regular content and am so tired fighting all the nonsense we've been through the past year.

Thanks for your help. I'm going to bed.

edited December 1969

Spit said:
    Not tonite, I've had it. Spent a month dealing with files. Spent too much already this month and all I get for it is missing metadata. I wanted to spend time starting a thread about how we can get images like Lorella's promos in Studio. I love that lighting and know, just know, the promos were rendered in Poser. But now I can't even find her in regular content and am so tired fighting all the nonsense we've been through the past year.

Thanks for your help. I'm going to bed.

actually that's a good idea! Jess or DE can say which ones were rendered in DS, i'm SURE they did a few promos in DS?? :D

• JessaiiJessaii Posts: 845
    edited March 2013

I am sorry you are having issues with the Metadata. I really am clueless on that and hate the smart content so we dont create them for our sets. I will post to our testers that there are issues as well maybe someone will know. That you think every render is done in Poser maybe thats a good compliment to our improvement? That is good to know since I struggle with DS still lol. But every single image was rendered in DS4.5 except for the 2 that have the poser tag. We use a heavily modified version of the light that came with Arashi for Hiro 5. I can attach some screens if you think it would help?

Post edited by Jessaii on
    edited December 1969

Here is a screenshot of my interface/render settings. These are the settings we use for all our promos tho now that Im learning more I should probably change them to be better quality lol. I render my images out at only about 1500x1500 for promos as well. The only postwork done in the images is using the Unsharp Mask filter in Photoshop using the settings I have attached as well. Lights make a huge difference i think in getting results you like. Also having shaders on the outfit/skin that work with the lighting you use most. We do test our shaders in other lights but generally its important to us they look good in the lights we prefer to use of course :)

If you need any other help or tips or info please feel free to ask. We are still learning too ;)

SWScreenShot007.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 842K
    SWScreenShot006.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 762K
  • kurthurtkurthurt Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I like the dress and the morphs, and I love the fact that the back & front of the skirt can move independently.

unfortunately, I've found an instance where they don't move ---well---. unfortunately, the skirt doesn't know much about leg movements.

in all images, Genesis is standing with right knee crossing over left. the crotch & torso are covered.

image 1 - skirt front twist at 115.4

image 2 - skirt front side to side set to 37.3

Image 3 - sf translate held down at 8.28 (this is a look I'd be satisfied with, but when I deselect the slider, the skirt springs back to something else.)

sf_xtranslate_held_down_at_8.28_.jpg
    349 x 668 - 65K
    sf_-side2sideat37.3_.jpg
    344 x 694 - 43K
    sf_-_rotation_at_115.4_.jpg
    344 x 694 - 40K
    edited December 1969

Ack. I dont think it should be doing that. I will take a peek at it in the morning. I have a date with some Tomb Raider before I get my allotted 5 hours sleep rofl. Demonica will probably see this before I am awake tho since she is on UK time. Sorry you are having this issue :( Will get it checked out.

• Twilight76Twilight76 Posts: 318
    edited March 2013

Here is a little Render from me with Lorella

Ups i forgott, its from Poser :)

Enchanted.jpg
    1480 x 802 - 1M
    Post edited by Twilight76 on
  • kurthurtkurthurt Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

thank you Silver for looking.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited March 2013

Silver said:
    I am sorry you are having issues with the Metadata. I really am clueless on that and hate the smart content so we dont create them for our sets. I will post to our testers that there are issues as well maybe someone will know. That you think every render is done in Poser maybe thats a good compliment to our improvement? That is good to know since I struggle with DS still lol. But every single image was rendered in DS4.5 except for the 2 that have the poser tag. We use a heavily modified version of the light that came with Arashi for Hiro 5. I can attach some screens if you think it would help?

Thank you for your explanations and screenshots!
    Do you think you could tell us how you modified the Arashi lights? Please?

P.S. Yesterday was a silver day for me. Here and at Rero. :)

Post edited by Kerya on
    edited March 2013

HeraldOfFire: Wow I am in awe of Luxrender :) I wish I had the time to learn that, it looks amazing in there :D Its on my thingss to learn list :) (Is that via the "Reality" plugin or?)

Jennyver: Awesome :) She belongs in the woodland :D Any nature environment suits her soooo well!

Thanks so much for sharing guys :D

kurthurt said:
    I like the dress and the morphs, and I love the fact that the back & front of the skirt can move independently.

unfortunately, I've found an instance where they don't move ---well---. unfortunately, the skirt doesn't know much about leg movements.

in all images, Genesis is standing with right knee crossing over left. the crotch & torso are covered.

image 1 - skirt front twist at 115.4

image 2 - skirt front side to side set to 37.3

Image 3 - sf translate held down at 8.28 (this is a look I'd be satisfied with, but when I deselect the slider, the skirt springs back to something else.)

Wowza!! :(

OK so I redid but using the Morphs in the outfit instead of basing solely on trans (I put in MANY morphs cuz well for me trans dials never cut it! lol)

Here is my results with just 2 Morph dials, and the only skirt trans I used is Side to Side ...

SkirtFront-LEFT @ 72.1%
    SkirtFront-TopOUT @ 31.9%
    Side-to-Side dial @ 30.39 (this is in the SkirtFront)

I kept in my almost full screen for you too just incase its helpful!

DE_Screenshot_2013-03-05_at_07.57_.10_.png
    1435 x 791 - 282K
    DE_Screenshot_2013-03-05_at_07.56_.52_.png
    1392 x 775 - 290K
    Post edited by DemonicaEvilius on
    edited December 1969

(split this into a new reply because it got very long lol)

All our promos (except Jess' poser labelled ones) are indeed in DS4.5 but I am kind of flattered you though otherwise lol, I used to be wary of DS rendering but we have always done promos in DS4 for our Genesis items :D

My settings are very similar to Jess as we make a set of production Lights for each product to make sure our renders are consistent! These are based on other lights sets that are available from Daz with just minimal shadow adjustments dependin on the project, for example in Asobi we used the Toon Lighting from Toon Amy set and this one the lovely Arashi Lights ... with just slight adjustments for personal taste

As soon as we conquer light creation we will no doubt distribute some with our own sets aswell :)

We like to take things and customise them for how it works best for us which is IMHO the BEST way to learn things :) I am always delving into menu's here and there for example lolol ... so I echo what Jess said about promos, (although I dont use unsharp mask) ... we learn more and more each project we do :) And I am coming to love working in DS actually, which even just a year ago I was really wary of going near it! :D

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

jakiblue said:
    Spit said:

Got a feeling it's the metadata. I have the metadata files in the support folder, but it looks like it wasn't saved or completed, cos neither Lorella the character nor the outfit are showing in smart content. And hwen loading hte outfit and selecting it, none of the materials show in smart content either.

If you go to your content library, and click on the Lorella outfit folder, then select the dress, go to Content DB Editor. You can see none of the MD has been done - nothing categorized or typed or anything.
    How bizarre. My copy has all the associated metadata already supplied. Perhaps Daz accidentally released the version without Metadata and then realised their mistake and remedied it. I can only speak for the PC download, and I ran the installer rather than using the DIM. Either way, I only picked up the bundle yesterday and everything that needs to have metadata does. It might be a good idea to reset your downloads and grab the installer if you're using PC.

Lorella_web.jpg
    750 x 1000 - 422K
    Capture.PNG
    1102 x 342 - 262K
    edited December 1969

Silver said:

I'm so excited that you got this look in Studio! And thank you for your render settings--and the unsharp mask settings too!. My render settings are identical to yours but I use a lower shading rate. The lower the shading rate the sharper the image--I remember back when Studio defaulted to a quite higher rate and the renders were faster but looked too blurry for me and I had to sharpen everything before I knew what to do. I set it at .2 and don't sharpen, but the renders are slower. I think I'll switch to .4 as you use and then do the unsharp mask thing. It looks perfect.

I also would be so grateful for any information on how you altered the Arashi light settings. Do you use the one with AO or without? The renders are outstanding and bring out the blush on the cheeks and knees.

As to the Metadata it's one thing for customers to hate metadata and choose to not use it or to use it anyway, it's quite another for a PA to do so. As I understand DAZ gives you the option to create your own or they'll do it themselves? That's fine though inconsistent. If I were a PA and DAZ messed up the metadata so some customers who depend on it have a difficult time using my product I'd be furious.

edited December 1969

jakiblue said:
    Spit said:

How bizarre. My copy has all the associated metadata already supplied. Perhaps Daz accidentally released the version without Metadata and then realised their mistake and remedied it. I can only speak for the PC download, and I ran the installer rather than using the DIM. Either way, I only picked up the bundle yesterday and everything that needs to have metadata does. It might be a good idea to reset your downloads and grab the installer if you're using PC.

Interesting. I used the DIM. The oldstyle exe should still be in my downloads I think I'll grab it.

edited March 2013

The lower the shading rate the sharper the image--

Ahh I will probably fiddle around with that now I didnt think to change it even lower. I luckily use render time as cleaning or dog playing time so I dont mind the long renders so much ;) I also need to get used to the 'smart object' layers in Photoshop so I dont 'need' to sharpen it cause it wont get blurry when shrinking down to fit in the promos.

I also would be so grateful for any information on how you altered the Arashi light settings. Do you use the one with AO or without? The renders are outstanding and bring out the blush on the cheeks and knees.

I cant remember all the tweaking that we did but we do use Occlusion yes. We prefer the Occlusion with Soft Shadows on most renders.

Daz creates the metadata for us. If they didnt, even tho I hate using it I would still learn of course. In fact I probably should anyways for my Rendo products. Its just a convenience having them do it for us. Just leaves us a bit clueless when something goes wrong I suppose.

Post edited by Jessaii on
    edited December 1969

(split this into a new reply because it got very long lol)

All our promos (except Jess' poser labelled ones) are indeed in DS4.5 but I am kind of flattered you though otherwise lol, I used to be wary of DS rendering but we have always done promos in DS4 for our Genesis items :D

My settings are very similar to Jess as we make a set of production Lights for each product to make sure our renders are consistent! These are based on other lights sets that are available from Daz with just minimal shadow adjustments dependin on the project, for example in Asobi we used the Toon Lighting from Toon Amy set and this one the lovely Arashi Lights ... with just slight adjustments for personal taste

As soon as we conquer light creation we will no doubt distribute some with our own sets aswell :)

We like to take things and customise them for how it works best for us which is IMHO the BEST way to learn things :) I am always delving into menu's here and there for example lolol ... so I echo what Jess said about promos, (although I dont use unsharp mask) ... we learn more and more each project we do :) And I am coming to love working in DS actually, which even just a year ago I was really wary of going near it! :D

Thanks for the info and I am seriously excited that you've warmed to Studio because that means more of your lovely stuff for us! Even for me who has been using Studio since before version 1, 4.5 and Genesis are quite a new experience.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,369
    edited March 2013

A very lovely set.

Lorella2.jpg
    1060 x 1500 - 475K
    Post edited by scorpio on
  • Miranas ArtMiranas Art Posts: 68
    edited December 1969

I wanted to tell something:
    When I loading the SSS mats in Poser the programm isn't finding the mats for the MUF. The normal make up works. Someone with the same?