Aiko 5 Pro Bundle Aiko5.dsf and FBMAiko5.dsf files missing

ChushaChusha Posts: 39

When attempting to load Aiko 5 from the Aiko 5 pro bundle I get the following error messages:

Some assets needed to load the file were missing. The content may not work as expected.
The following files could not be found.

/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/UV Sets/DAZ 3D/Base/Aiko 5.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Aiko 5/FBMAiko5.dsf

The bundle was installed via the new Install Manager version: 1.0.0.112

My version of DAZ Studio 4.5 is version: 4.5.1.56

Any fixes or workarounds for this?

Update: I found a fix, I went to my account page and went to My Downloadable Products and downloaded the Aiko5_1.0 file and installed it manually. I no longer get the above error message.

Post edited by Chusha on

Comments

• SafeunderdarkSafeunderdark Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi,

I also installed Aiko 5 pro bundle, but I never had this error.

I have the 4.5.1.6. Pro and Install Manager version: 1.0.0.112

I installed Aiko 5 today, could it be that the install manager version is updated ?

What Icon did you click on to get this error ?

• ChushaChusha Posts: 39
    edited December 1969

After fixing the issue with Aiko 5 not loading I get the same .dsf errors with all the Aiko 5 Pro Bundle content. To fix it I'll have to manually download everything and install it manually.

edited December 1969

Chusha said:
    After fixing the issue with Aiko 5 not loading I get the same .dsf errors with all the Aiko 5 Pro Bundle content. To fix it I'll have to manually download everything and install it manually.

Hmm that is weird..

Have you downloaded it again in the IM and installed it again ?

Or maybe it's listed as 'updated ?

I'm sorry to say this, but I installed today, And i didn't have any of the problems you have..

Maybe you could uninstall, re-download, and install it again with IM, hopefully the problem is gone.
    It could be a install problem, open files etc. that caused this..

Hope this will be resolved soon.

edited February 2013

Re-downloading and installing now.

Still missing the .DSF files and some .jpg files.

Post edited by Chusha on
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

It looks like there is a problem with DS finding your 'data' folder.

If you installed Genesis by hand, and then used the DIM to install A5, then the content will be in two different places. The new install folder that the DIM uses is in C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library, and it must be listed in the Content Directory Manager for both DS and Poser content.

edited December 1969

That was my second guess :)

I know I added the new folder in DS.
    However in install manager you can add a folder to install to, a new empty one is better.

edited December 1969

Huh, adding that directory worked, though I do have my reservations about keeping any sort of content in a location not normally covered by my backup plans.

• bringhobringho Posts: 239
    edited December 1969

It looks like there is a problem with DS finding your 'data' folder.

If you installed Genesis by hand, and then used the DIM to install A5, then the content will be in two different places. The new install folder that the DIM uses is in C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library, and it must be listed in the Content Directory Manager for both DS and Poser content.

Unless the user (hopefully) changed the install location to something other than "C:/Users/..."

With over 30 years of experience: NEVER EVER put any user data on the system disk.

You have been warned...

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I only have what you call a 'system' disk, and it is one terrabit. I am supposed to leave it almost empty and buy another one.

I have never heard of such a thing before, and I have been using PCs since 1988, and EVRYTHING has always been stored on the C dirve without any problems at all. On a PC system, there is no need whatsoever for a seperate System disk.

• nightwolf1982nightwolf1982 Posts: 1,145
    edited December 1969

I don't use the C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library folder at all. I just used a multi-runtime setup that I've had for years. As for the system disk thing, I keep backups of important files on a seperate removable hard drive, including all of my content. That way, if my hard drive fails, I've still got my content and can re-install it.

• bringhobringho Posts: 239
    edited December 1969

I only have what you call a 'system' disk, and it is one terrabit. I am supposed to leave it almost empty and buy another one.

I have never heard of such a thing before, and I have been using PCs since 1988, and EVRYTHING has always been stored on the C dirve without any problems at all. On a PC system, there is no need whatsoever for a seperate System disk.

Happy go lucky, hope it will continue that way for you! :-)

I have had so many HD's die for me during the years, I don't remember how many any more. :ohh:

All hard disks fail. It's only a matter of time... having System, Data and a swap file on the same physical disk is far from optimal...

My current machine is designed with the system on 2 striped 64 GB flash disks, just for fun, testing how fast that would be. :-P

As it turns out, 128 GB is a bit small for a system disk so I'm getting a couple of 180 (or possibly 240) GB flash disks when it's time to build next system, the new one should be enough for system and one of the old 64 GB flash disks will handle the swap just fine. When it breaks it's only the swap that's lost...

I built this system with 16 GB internal memory thinking I would be able to run it without the swap file but the system seems more stable if Windows has a swap file to play with... :ahhh:

All user data is distributed on 10 internal HD's. Eight of them configured as a number of RAID disks for archive redundancy. That way, anyone can die at any time and none of the stored data will be lost. Two disks are dedicated for 'fast access data', things that can be lost without too much damage. :coolsmile:

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

You can change the install location on the "Ready to Install" tab by clicking on "Install to Where" in the bottom right.