The DAZ Install Manager

HeraHera Posts: 1,955

Hi!

Tried the install manager,but I don't know where the download/installs and updates go, and there was no chance to select directories either for the new products I purchased or the 3 upgrades available. Now I had to do it the old way instead.

Anyone knows where the install managers put the things? I want to put them all to my H disk where I have all the DAZ stuff. But it has definitely ended up anywhere near there...

Post edited by Hera on

Comments

• ncampncamp Posts: 345
    edited February 2013

Open Install Manager and click on the Ready to Install Tab.

Down at the bottom righ is a picture of a down arrow and Install to where? Click on that.

Then click on the button by shortcut: I believe it says something like Recommended Daz Folder.

Below is a add location button. Click on it, select where you want to save the files too. Then click on the shortcut again to select the folder you just added.

Store_to_DIM.jpg
    732 x 751 - 142K
    Post edited by ncamp on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

If you want to change the download location, go to settings (the gear icon) and click the Download tab.

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

Also, chances are it installed all of your content the first time to Public Folders on your computer. This seems to be the default when you first open Install Manager. Same thing happened to me. I just changed the setting as described in the other replies, then I moved the installed data from my Public folders to my Daz Library. No need to re-do everything.