The Micheal4 Elite morphs Powerloader isn't working after install

LocketLocket Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

I've tried installing the Powerloader & Elite morphs several times, but it's not working.

When I click to load Micheal4 into my scene the Powerloader window does not appear.

From what I've read online the installation is very straightforward. Does anyone know what could be going wrong?

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

Try holding down the Ctrl key (Command on a Mac) while double-clicking Michael 4.cr2 -- that will give you the choice if you've accidentally set it to not display.

• LocketLocket Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thajs for your help. I just tried that out. And I don't think it worked.

A small menu opened up over the Micheal4 icon, the choices on the menu are...

Merge into scene
    Cut
    Copy
    Delete
    Rename
    Categorize
    Database
    Show in
    Browse to file location
    Refresh
    Create Custom Action

... Do any of these sound right, or am I missing something??

edited December 1969

Strange, those are the options you should get when right-clicking. Does the Michael 4 icon have a scroll symbol in the upper-left corner?

edited March 2013

Hmm that is strange. I tried a few different button combinations (on my Mac) when double clicking... That's the only thing that came up from any of them :-/

Oh I forgot to check the Micheal4 icon for the scroll. I'll write back in the morn. What does the scroll symbol indicate?

I read online (see link and quote below...) that if you have several runtime folders it can cause problems... I probably do have this installed more than once because I use Poser as well... Could that be the problem?

http://wiki.daz3d.com/doku.php/artzone/pub/software/powerloader/start

"CAUTION! If you have multiple runtimes and the ExP files for figures are duplicated in any of the runtimes, PowerLoader will not be able to find the correct files to load. This includes if you have Victoria 4.2 in one location and Victoria 4EZ in another location since they share files. This can be avoided by moving all ExP files into the main runtime, i.e., the main Poser Runtime folder or the DAZ Studio > Content > Runtime folder"

Post edited by Locket on
    edited December 1969

I tried command click again, and it doesn't seem to work.

I checked out the Micheal4 icon in Daz Studio and it doesn't have a scroll in the upper left hand corner.

Also, I checked out my runtimes and I have two other runtimes that have the Elite Morph Injections. Although I don't think either of them are accesible to Daz Studio, so I feel like it would be strange if it was getting confused by the multiple directies... Any ideas?

The two other directories are...

/Applications/Poser Pro 2010/Runtime/Libraries/pose/DAZ's Michael 4/Morph Injections/Elite
    /Applications/Poser 8/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/DAZ's Michael 4/Morph Injections/Elite

edited December 1969

It shouldn't be a problem as long as each program only sees one of them, but the missing scroll icon suggest that the powerloader didn't get installed to the right place.

edited December 1969

Do I need to manually load the Powerloader, or get it in the correct directory? What directory should it be in?

edited December 1969

Whew! I managed to get the power loader working, but I don't see the Elite Morphs.

When I re-installed the Elite Morphs in the read me I noticed it said "Required Products: Michael 4 Morphs++"

Do i need to purchase Michael 4 Morphs++ in order to have these morphs work??

http://www.daz3d.com/michael-4-morphs

Thanks so much for the help fixmypcmike... :-)