Transparent Backgrounds? [solved]

I have been puttering around with DAZ Studio 4 for the past few days and I am having trouble with my backgrounds.

When I was working in DS3 and I rendered out to a PNG file with no background—just the background colour—DS3 would render the scene with a transparent background and the figure/s would be antialiased to transparency. I found that very useful for making game sprites, because I didn't have to worry about painting out the unwanted background and having to deal with an outline of the background colour around the outside of the figure.

When I am using DS4 I have found that it does not render to a transparent background when I render it to a PNG file like DS3 did. It uses the currently selected background colour instead.

Is it possible to set DS4 to render to transparency in PNGs like in DS3?

{{EDIT: Of course I immediately found the problem after posting. (D'oh!) The program was rendering out to JPGs instead of PNGs for some reason, in spite of my having PNG as the chosen output type. When I got DS4 to render out to a PNG I got my transparency back.

Sorry for the bother.}}

Post edited by fixmypcmike on

Comments

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

No bother. TIF handles transparency the same way with no 'halo' and is my preferred choice. No compression though so the files are larger, but I can compress them with photoshop. I use tif because some viewing programs I have (and sometimes Photoshop itself) have problems with some pngs so I got in the habit. Also tif maintains the background image if you used one which I sometimes do, whereas png does not. And tif's alpha channel is golden and ready to use.