Daz4 keeps losing my categories

spearcarrierspearcarrier Posts: 686
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

... makes me glad I didn't uninstall daz3 at this rate. I've tried rolling back, finding the file, I dunno. I'm frustrated that my hard work keeps getting undone and I can't work under these conditions. Sad face.

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

It sounds like your CMS service is stopping. There are several things you can do to fix it.

What OS and security programs are you using?

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

Are ALL your categories in the Content LIbrary gone, or just ones you recently added?

One possibility: I don't recall if it's still an issue being looked at or has been fixed already, but In the past I had a problem where recently added categories were being lost, and tracked it down to shutting down Windows without having first exited DAZ Studio.

• spearcarrierspearcarrier Posts: 686
    edited December 1969

H guys! Thank you for responding.

I'm running Windows 7. Security is Avast, but I turn it off when installing things.

All of the categories were gone, and all of the found items as well. Just poof. Yep, the CMS service gave me an error. I ended up rebooting my computer and everything was fine - but this isn't the first time this has happened directly after I've installed something new. It's always directly after installing something new with DAZ shut down.

Trying to figure out how to back up database in case of reboot not working. Not finding an up to date tutorial on the matter as of yet. I'm not very good at hunting though. Google is crap these days.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

If you're using DS4.5, Export User Data works very well.