Can you load custom morphs / shaping using Zbrush or Mudbox?

LocketLocket Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Is there a way to load custom morphs / shaping sliders in Daz by loading in files modified using Zbrush or Mudbox?

I'm able to do this in Poser, so I'm assuming Daz Studio can do this as well.

Here is a video showing what I'm referring to. The user is able to load in a custom head morph into Poser.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2jyeHS-ilqY#t=224s

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited March 2013

DAZ Studio has a GoZ plugin, have you seen that? It should be among the files to download for DS4.5, do you have that, if not, what version are you using?

Have a look here (no need to buy this, it comes with DS4.5)

http://www.daz3d.com/goz-for-daz-studio

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,473
    edited December 1969

Otherwise, use Morph Loader Pro which, unlike the Poser morph import, will load a full-figure morph in one step. Edit>Figure>Morph loader Pro or Edit>Object>Morph Loader Pro.

• mfourniermfournier Posts: 19
    edited December 1969

Yes and no you can sculpt using ether export a OBJ BUT do not subdivide the mesh chaneg the vertex count or you can not re-import the morph with morph loader. Well you can subdivide as long as you export the base mesh when your done.

I use mudbox all the time sometimes using subdivide to see how the sculpt will look WHEN it is subdivided in Daz3D but only the Base mesh can be exported and used as a Morph shape

I have thought about sculpting then created a displacement map based on the sculpt but the UVs always seem to get messed up. And I have not figured out how to get them into the Daz3d Shaders yet. If anyone knows how to do that please any help would be nice

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,473
    edited December 1969

Will Mudbox let you export a map for selected surfaces only? You need to export one map for each group of surfaces - as indicated by the number that starts the surface name. If not, the old option is to make a remapped figure with the groups resized and positioned so you can export a single map and then chop it up to get the separate maps for the original figure.

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

Please also see the links to the tutorials in my signature. :)