Hexagon - Symmetry missing points

xjadexxxxjadexxx Posts: 43
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

In Hexagon I am noticing that sometimes with Symmetry, if I use Soft Selection, the mirror of my selection is not moving random points. When I make a change, the selected side works fine, but on the mirrored side, random points in the middle of the soft selection field remain static.

Does anyone know what the problem is, and the solution for it?

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited March 2013

Have you checked the manual? Symmetry only works with a limited number of tools, and I don't believe Soft Selection would be one of them.

EDIT:

I just tried this with a Cube tesselated about 15 times, and it worked perfectly. Using a tool like that (Soft Selection) would be pushing it a bit, especially to use it several times in the same session using Symmetry

Hexagon was very buggy in the past, but it a lot more stable now, but it still pays to save frequently.

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

If one has a symmetrical object, the changes are normally made as expected. However if one has used some of the tools which do not work with symmetry; when those tasks are finished, Hexagon may no longer consider the item symmetrical even if we do. Then when tools that work with symmetry are used, those other vertices will not be affected.