Returning the axis to the character / oject

HeraHera Posts: 1,955

I load say a Genesis figure into a picture, the group of axises, around which I can rotate and so on is located in the middle of the figure. So if I y-rotate, the character spins. Nothing strange.

Now, if I load certain poses into my character, for instance some of the Genesis poses which come with the horse, the set of axises has suddenly become relocated to end up somewhere outside the character. So when I y-rotate the Genesis now, it doesn't revolve around itself but revolves around this external axis point, which makes it a real frustrating problem to for instance mount the Genesis on the horse. (NB a few of the genesis poses are not aligned with the horse, so Genesis ends up sitting in the air next to the horse instead of upon it and even not turned the same way as it.)

I also have the same problem with some prop files I have, when I load them into the picture they come with the axis somewhere else, which makes them revolve like a planet around a sun instead of around itself! Which sometimes even makes the prop dissapearing outside the view-point if I say rotate it with 90 degrees! So I have to pull it back into focus again.

So naturally I wonder if it's possible to move the set of axises so that they end up in the middle of the character / prop.

Post edited by Hera on

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

You can move the point of origin, by using the Joint Editor tool.

We used to have to use a sdcript by DeltaX15 called 'Move Origin', which still works, but suing the Joint Editor is even easier.

This thread should help : http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/15035/

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited March 2013

Nevermind, that no longer works like it did before.

Post edited by Jaderail on