Fantastic! I've saved all 3 verisons!

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,322
    edited December 1969

thanks for the ready room, Rduda!

Ready-Room.jpg
    800 x 640 - 230K
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited September 2012

Okay, there are 4 picture tubes in this first release. Created in PSPX4 from little pictures.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/64541/view/15/2D-Resources/ST_Badges-01_nc_PictureTubes

Intended for use in texturing clothing etc for the models.

1024fullsize.jpg
    799 x 799 - 87K
    picturetube.jpg
    600 x 600 - 131K
    Post edited by patience55 on
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,900
    edited December 1969

Well I took a look at the Voyager Bridge again and wow, what a mess I somehow created. So I am in the process of fixing the rigging and the floor light. When its done, poser users will have a mat file that will set normals forward for rendering. All mesh lights apprear ok so far so it should hopefully work well in LuxRender (which I will test)

Other then that, the corridors are on hold while I poke at the bridge but they are in excellent condition and will soon go to DS for rigging.

I have one other related interior I will convert prior to going back to the ships. All I will say is that it is related to the other two interiors I am working on. With this one interior, your only limitation is your imagination! ;P

edited December 1969

Oh boy!!!! ... patiently waiting ... yeah right ... oh boy!!!! :-)

• GRFK DSGN UnlimitedGRFK DSGN Unlimited Posts: 1,053
    edited December 1969

Another page posted for viewing at my blog.

22_Page_22_preview.jpg
    600 x 464 - 399K
    edited December 1969

So close ... then Hexie had a tizzie fit ... so hopefully tomorrow I'll get this one finished on the other computer.

Modeling in Hexagon is fun. Learn all kinds of things one never knew one should ever have to know lol ...

I'm going to hazard a guess that one shouldn't apply smoothing on an object with shading domains hidden ... crashed it every time!

wip.png
    425 x 443 - 57K
    edited September 2012

Voyager

New Voyager Bridge is up. I am hosting it right away on my Mediafire account UNTIL Trekmeshes gets the update. Once the update is back on Trekmeshes I will take it down from my Mediafire account. I just want people to have it right away.

Voyager_Plaque-02.jpg
    900 x 900 - 826K
    Post edited by Mattymanx on
  • mdbruffymdbruffy Posts: 2,345
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    Voyager

New Voyager Bridge is up. I am hosting it right away on my Mediafire account UNTIL Trekmeshes gets the update. Once the update is back on Trekmeshes I will take it down from my Mediafire account. I just want people to have it right away.

And the link to your Mediafile is where?

edited September 2012

mdbruffy said:
    Mattymanx said:
    Voyager

Its in the Ships of the Line thread. Thats why I have that in my sig now, for easy access to the whole list. And why I post the updated date there too.

edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    mdbruffy said:
    Mattymanx said:
    Voyager

Its in the Ships of the Line thread. Thats why I have that in my sig now, for easy access to the whole list. And why I post the updated date there too.

Got it. Thank you.

edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    Mattymanx said:
    mdbruffy said:
    Mattymanx said:
    Voyager

Got it. Thank you.

Excellent! Your Welcome! :)

edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    Voyager

Thank you! Downloading now.

edited September 2012

Mattymanx said:
    Voyager

Your welcome. It is the same model you helped me with in the first time. I would have redon the whole thing but that would be too time consuming.

i forgot to mention, there is a new map for the Plaque so it can be made to look a LOT better. Its the spec map.

edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    ... edit ...

In the meantime, the kit is now available at my DA gallery:

http://mdbruffy.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d5dh8it

Thank you!

This is an "as it loads" of the pz3 file in D/S3. Very nice :-)

Robin.jpg
    514 x 478 - 44K
    asitloads.jpg
    600 x 600 - 39K
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    Mattymanx said:
    Voyager

Your welcome. It is the same model you helped me with in the first time. I would have redon the whole thing but that would be too time consuming.

i forgot to mention, there is a new map for the Plaque so it can be made to look a LOT better. Its the spec map.

You're a brave man! I had that on my "to-try-again" list and just couldn't bring myself to try again. Apparently asking Hexagon to do certain tasks has rather disastrous results. One day when I have lots of time and hopefully enough experience I "might" tackle it again.

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,322
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    Voyager

it's gorgeous! awesome work!

edited September 2012

You're a brave man! I had that on my "to-try-again" list and just couldn't bring myself to try again. Apparently asking Hexagon to do certain tasks has rather disastrous results. One day when I have lots of time and hopefully enough experience I "might" tackle it again.

I have noticed recently that though certain things are easier to do in Hex as far as the UI is concerned, Carrara is far more hassel free doing the same thing even though its not as obvious as to how to do it.

As for the Bridge, it would have been a fresh conversion from the MAX file with different export settings. Because of how much we had to do last time, it kinda stuck with me and I remembered where the major issues were. Aside from having to redo all the rigging, which for some odd reason got all screwy compared to how I thought it first got rigged, I only had to flip the floor light which was easily done by importing a new copy of the bridge and taking that piece out and merging it to the old. Thank God ai also remembered what to scale the bridge to last time too. So this time I scaled it on its way out of Carrara instead of trying to deal with it "full size" in DS when rigging.

Thank you Tim! :)

• edited September 2012

Mattymanx said:

I have noticed recently that though certain things are easier to do in Hex as far as the UI is concerned, Carrara is far more hassel free doing the same thing even though its not as obvious as to how to do it.

As for the Bridge, it would have been a fresh conversion from the MAX file with different export settings. Because of how much we had to do last time, it kinda stuck with me and I remembered where the major issues were. Aside from having to redo all the rigging, which for some odd reason got all screwy compared to how I thought it first got rigged, I only had to flip the floor light which was easily done by importing a new copy of the bridge and taking that piece out and merging it to the old. Thank God ai also remembered what to scale the bridge to last time too. So this time I scaled it on its way out of Carrara instead of trying to deal with it "full size" in DS when rigging.

Thank you Tim! :)

I can confirm it renders nicely in Poser Pro 2012, too. It has the usual pre-render issues, but it doesn't harm the render in any shape or form.

Post edited by prydonian_96d3f0dd8a on
    edited December 1969

'for next time' ... seems to me somebody was wanting a pic of this item.

FedPres.jpg
    363 x 610 - 34K
  • willdialwilldial Posts: 32
    edited December 1969

The other day I purchased Starship Engineering Room 2 at Vanishing Point. I really liked the Enterprise-D Texture Add-On freebie for it.

That reminded me that the first Starship Engineering Room looked like the Deep Space Nine's Defiant Main Engineering except for the textures. I looked to see if there was an Add-On for it. Sadly, I could not find one. Does anyone here know if there was a Defiant Add-On for first Starship Engineering Room?

Thank you.

edited December 1969

Thank you!

edited September 2012

mdbruffy said:

Thank you!

You're welcome ;-)

And now ... another table!

A 'bar table' [bears some resemblance to one found in Quark's Bar DS9]

Tweak as necessary for the light panels ... shaders seem to work well with almost any uvmap.

Made the open grid [great place to pour unwanted drinks eh?!] with included textures.
    Might need to be tweaked in Poser for the proper effect.

http://www.mediafire.com/?3x9k4bf7x1lv9eh

or

http://www.sharecg.com/v/64569/view/11/Poser/QBTable-nc

2.jpg
    497 x 600 - 41K
    4.jpg
    697 x 726 - 53K
    matzones2.jpg
    600 x 484 - 29K
    5.jpg
    600 x 600 - 79K
    QBTable.jpg
    600 x 600 - 47K
    Post edited by patience55 on
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:

Thank you!

You're welcome ;-)

Tweak as necessary for the light panels ... shaders seem to work well with almost any uvmap.

Made the open grid [great place to pour unwanted drinks eh?!] with included textures.

or

Question: Where does one put their feet when they're sitting at that table? There's no room under it.

edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    mdbruffy said:

Thank you!

You're welcome ;-)

or

Question: Where does one put their feet when they're sitting at that table? There's no room under it.

I know! lol ... I've been watching DS9 and notice few shots that would illustrate that. I call the middle area a shelf figuring maybe some can sit comfy that way ... or stand?

reference.jpg
    274 x 265 - 18K
    edited December 1969

In case anyone has missed it, the Voyager Bridge is redone and available! Please see the link in my sig, its listed under sets

The Corridor interior pieces are slowly under way getting rigged. All will be figures even though most should be props. I am doing this to ensure they rotate correctly in Poser. Again, the corridor set is a two in one. They are based on Intrepid and Sovereign class corridors.

Mystery item... is a Holodeck, Voyager style. Its made by the same guy who made the Corridor set. I was able to match the scale to the corridor set almost 100%. You will be able to line it up with a couple of the corridor pieces manually. It also has a variation built in. Not sure what is meant by "T Class" in the set but the room comes with two exits and one of the two exits has 2 different doors too. Each is the floor and a wall with the opening doors. Since the standard room doors with the Corridor set were never designed to be opened, I seperated two sets of doors from the Holodeck so they can be used with other sets. The Holodeck is a good quality mesh. This will be rigged so that the whole mesh loads at once and you can shut off what you dont need. All normals have been corrected to my knowledge so the lights should work as mesh lights.

• MotoTsumeMotoTsume Posts: 520
    edited December 1969

can't wait :)

edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    In case anyone has missed it, the Voyager Bridge is redone and available! Please see the link in my sig, its listed under sets

The Corridor interior pieces are slowly under way getting rigged. All will be figures even though most should be props. I am doing this to ensure they rotate correctly in Poser. Again, the corridor set is a two in one. They are based on Intrepid and Sovereign class corridors.

Mystery item... is a Holodeck, Voyager style. Its made by the same guy who made the Corridor set. I was able to match the scale to the corridor set almost 100%. You will be able to line it up with a couple of the corridor pieces manually. It also has a variation built in. Not sure what is meant by "T Class" in the set but the room comes with two exits and one of the two exits has 2 different doors too. Each is the floor and a wall with the opening doors. Since the standard room doors with the Corridor set were never designed to be opened, I seperated two sets of doors from the Holodeck so they can be used with other sets. The Holodeck is a good quality mesh. This will be rigged so that the whole mesh loads at once and you can shut off what you dont need. All normals have been corrected to my knowledge so the lights should work as mesh lights.

Sounds rather interesting.

edited December 1969

The flag figure is done. Just working on some morphs for it ... I'm not an expert flag folder so don't expect too much there.

Another WIP started today will hopefully be passable as a Klingon's Captain Chair ... minus the text because the text on the reference image isn't readable. It will also be a .cr2 file.

edited December 1969

In checking displays on various browsers; with IE9 on the Google page :-)

googletrek.png
    696 x 447 - 223K
This discussion has been closed.