Star Trek Builders Thread!

Comments

• mdbruffymdbruffy Posts: 2,345
    edited October 2012

There a way, for example to put okudagrams on Ptrope's TOS bridge? I am trying and on the black of the panels, it stays black.

Thanks.

Try making the black panels white before you apply the texture. Black wipes out any other color.

Post edited by mdbruffy on
  • PDSmithPDSmith Posts: 712
    edited October 2012

mdbruffy said:
    There a way, for example to put okudagrams on Ptrope's TOS bridge? I am trying and on the black of the panels, it stays black.

Thanks.

Try making the black panels white before you apply the texture. Black wipes out any other color.

Not to sound like an ass, but to requote two pages back...

Diffuse is the primary texture, this needs to be set to 255,255,255 at 100% in the slider below it. In Ptropes TOS bridge set many of the screens around the bridge are set to 0,0,0 at 100%, and render as black screens, just go around the room and fix them…easy.

ie go around the room to all the panels and ensure they are set to 255,255,255 (ie white and set the slider bar to the top for max setting of that colour) if you wish to change the image ensure what you choose is square for the lower panets and for the upper panels 800x600 or a division there of.

(for some reason DAZ's forum has placed the image in the reversed order...please start from the bottom and work upward....sorry...this Canadian/American can only do so much.)

4.jpg
    661 x 558 - 156K
    3.jpg
    640 x 402 - 189K
    2.jpg
    640 x 267 - 135K
    1.jpg
    640 x 378 - 154K
    Post edited by PDSmith on
    edited December 1969

PDSmith said:
    mdbruffy said:

Thanks.

Not to sound like an ass, but to requote two pages back...

Diffuse is the primary texture, this needs to be set to 255,255,255 at 100% in the slider below it. In Ptropes TOS bridge set many of the screens around the bridge are set to 0,0,0 at 100%, and render as black screens, just go around the room and fix them…easy.

ie go around the room to all the panels and ensure they are set to 255,255,255 (ie white and set the slider bar to the top for max setting of that colour) if you wish to change the image ensure what you choose is square for the lower panets and for the upper panels 800x600 or a division there of.

(for some reason DAZ's forum has placed the image in the reversed order...please start from the bottom and work upward....sorry...this Canadian/American can only do so much.)

Okay. Poser's not that involved....Thankfully.:roll:

edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:

It's not really that bad...I was nukeing it. ie over simplifying it.

Just to playfully rib you Madison; I could say your program's Material room with all those nodes is overty confusing to the beginner.

As I've held to since I started DAZ Studio 4 years ago...both programs have their advantages and epic failures.

By the way to all Poser users I have this question would help me in my own learning of Poser.
    In DAZ I can control a camera like a prop and am able to parent/child 5 light sources, plus the IBL (image based light) to that camera. That way when I move the camera around for various scenes the lights always stay in the same angle the camera is. (ie when the camera moves the lights will follow with no deviation.)

Is poser able able do this? And it's now a matter of why would I want to do this...its a matter I do want to do this for specific looks and style.

-Paul

One last thing...has anyone ever considered a Star Trek Bridge construction kit for TNG era?

edited December 1969

PDSmith said:
    mdbruffy said:

It's not really that bad...I was nukeing it. ie over simplifying it.

Just to playfully rib you Madison; I could say your program's Material room with all those nodes is overty confusing to the beginner.

As I've held to since I started DAZ Studio 4 years ago...both programs have their advantages and epic failures.

By the way to all Poser users I have this question would help me in my own learning of Poser.
    In DAZ I can control a camera like a prop and am able to parent/child 5 light sources, plus the IBL (image based light) to that camera. That way when I move the camera around for various scenes the lights always stay in the same angle the camera is. (ie when the camera moves the lights will follow with no deviation.)

Is poser able able do this? And it's now a matter of why would I want to do this...its a matter I do want to do this for specific looks and style.

-Paul

I've heard that it is- but I've never done it that way. My background comes from doing live theatre in college. So I tend to set my lights up more along the lines of a live stage show or a sound studio. In other words, I light the set then I worry about positiong the camera.
    The Dolly camera is the most moveable and positionable camera in Poser. When I need to move it, I switch to a top view, click on the property option making the camera visable, then I click on the camera itself and move it where I want it. Once in the approximate position, I'll switch back to the Dolly Camera for some final refinement in the position and angle.

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,402
    edited December 1969

Just a post to jumpstart notifications again

• Paul PettyPaul Petty Posts: 48
    edited December 1969

survey

547966_3825887174977_324654568_n.jpg
    960 x 539 - 147K
  • AndypAndyp Posts: 31
    edited December 1969

at first i thought that was a real image! what render settings did you use?

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

PDSmith said:
    ,,, edit ...
    One last thing...has anyone ever considered a Star Trek Bridge construction kit for TNG era?

Well considering is one thing, getting it done is another! Not sure which eras these are, found one called "2" and one called "6" that I was hoping to get done by 'DD' but ... could be next year's at this rate, sigh.

Doesth thou happen to know of one which is not requiring a complete remake in order to make a kit out of it?

That liver image from my recent release of liver treats makes an interesting texture here shown on the floor and roof, and the character is just a doodle as I'm still setting up my new computer trying to find everything.

takingmytime.jpg
    600 x 600 - 102K
    start.jpg
    600 x 600 - 114K
  • Paul PettyPaul Petty Posts: 48
    edited December 1969

Just daz 4 and reality2

edited December 1969

Okay, Guys and Gals and Others, listen up! In my next Nova Trek, there are two News Broadcasts and like their 20th century counterparts, they have commericals. I have slots for 6. Thalek and Mylochka have already sent me theirs. Bluto, Rduda and Ptrope, you can send me yours any time now.
    This leaves one slot left. The commerical has to be 2 panels. You can work as large as you want as long as they can be reduced down to 450 pixels wide by 350 tall. Send dialogue seperately so I can size it to match the rest in the story.The idea is to present a glimpse of the civilian side of TOS Trek- what would be for sale in the 23rd century?
    If you've got a good idea and you're intrested. PM me. I'll have a section at the end of the book in the credits for the commericals and who did them.

• GRFK DSGN UnlimitedGRFK DSGN Unlimited Posts: 1,053
    edited December 1969

Here's Part II, Page 06 of my webcomic for those who are interested...

David

Page_6A_preview.jpg
    825 x 638 - 449K
    edited December 1969

Today's progress ... plus there's a TOS sweater WIP for V4.

wip.jpg
    600 x 600 - 51K
    edited December 1969

To all DAZ users and you few Poser users learning DAZ.

BlackFeather1973 has made a plugin for DAZ Studio to make posing of the Genesis character much easier.

As a die hard user of Powerpose, I have to complain and say to the programers of DAZ. This plugin tool should have been updated with D|S when Genesis first came out.

Well thank fully it has been now.

The below is a link to the forum thread for the needed fix

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/9650/P30/#136966

Mid page is the entry, with file download and patch to the template file.

The image posted of the pins for Genesis are not all shown at once in the TAB but by body, head, and hands.
    (BTW. I had no idea there were so many moving parts on Genesis!)

-Paul

edited October 2012

PDSmith said:
    To all DAZ users and you few Poser users learning DAZ.

BlackFeather1973 has made a plugin for DAZ Studio to make posing of the Genesis character much easier.

As a die hard user of Powerpose, I have to complain and say to the programers of DAZ. This plugin tool should have been updated with D|S when Genesis first came out.

Well thank fully it has been now.

The below is a link to the forum thread for the needed fix

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/9650/P30/#136966

Mid page is the entry, with file download and patch to the template file.

The image posted of the pins for Genesis are not all shown at once in the TAB but by body, head, and hands.
    (BTW. I had no idea there were so many moving parts on Genesis!)

-Paul

Wow! Thank you for the HU! Something everybody can use :-)

For Poser/Genesis users there's this release too from Mec4D

http://www.mec4d.com/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=86

UV Switcher DSON

Free atm.

Post edited by patience55 on
  • crownlioncrownlion Posts: 117
    edited December 1969

a possible SFMC uniform

sfmc.jpg
    700 x 700 - 257K
  • TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,322
    edited December 1969

crownlion said:
    a possible SFMC uniform

I like it.

• PtropePtrope Posts: 681
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    There a way, for example to put okudagrams on Ptrope's TOS bridge? I am trying and on the black of the panels, it stays black. Thanks.

Yeah, on those panels, I turned off the diffuse because they are all ambient panels; I thought the final presentation was better without adding the ambient to the diffuse. I haven't played around much with these sort of textures in D|S - as I understand it, D|S reverses white-for-black when it comes to ambient colors.

If you're using the bridge in Poser, though, just swap the Okudagrams you want for the original image files in the Ambient node only.

• mylochkamylochka Posts: 168
    edited December 1969

DOWNLOAD HERE: http://www.sharecg.com/v/65155/view/11/Poser/STO-Academy-Uniform-Textures-for-M4-Valiant

Cadet and Instructor uniform textures from the Star Trek Online game for DAZ's M4 Valiant costume. There is a texture with a bump map available in the Materials folder.

Instructors01ad.jpg
    476 x 640 - 273K
    edited December 1969

i love them mylochka thank you

just another look at a sfmc texture space suit and a starfleet one

space_suit.jpg
    700 x 700 - 151K
    edited December 1969

mylochka said:
    DOWNLOAD HERE: http://www.sharecg.com/v/65155/view/11/Poser/STO-Academy-Uniform-Textures-for-M4-Valiant

Cadet and Instructor uniform textures from the Star Trek Online game for DAZ's M4 Valiant costume. There is a texture with a bump map available in the Materials folder.

that looks great, love the stripe on the leg.

edited December 1969

TimG said:
    mylochka said:

that looks great, love the stripe on the leg.

Love the uniform. Thanks Mylochka!

The stripe down the leg reminds me the of RCMP.
    (I don't have one right now but there has to be one some how.)
    :-)

edited December 1969

possible alternate universe uniform?

cpt3.jpg
    700 x 700 - 64K
    edited December 1969

"Tzenkethi skin tones range from pale green, through yellow and orange, to bright red. In addition, they give off a faint glow, thought to be a natural phosphorescent effect of the skin. They have ovoid-shaped eyes, voices that sound like bells, and are described as being very tall and visually attractive to most other races, even non-humanoid ones. Their skin carries a slight electric charge, giving other individuals a tingling sensation upon physical contact. This charge can be intensified at will to painful levels for the receiver. They are also capable of carrying and transmitting diseases to others while remaining unaffected themselves."

How would you model one?

edited December 1969

TimG said:
    "Tzenkethi skin tones range from pale green, through yellow and orange, to bright red. In addition, they give off a faint glow, thought to be a natural phosphorescent effect of the skin. They have ovoid-shaped eyes, voices that sound like bells, and are described as being very tall and visually attractive to most other races, even non-humanoid ones. Their skin carries a slight electric charge, giving other individuals a tingling sensation upon physical contact. This charge can be intensified at will to painful levels for the receiver. They are also capable of carrying and transmitting diseases to others while remaining unaffected themselves."

How would you model one?

First of all are there any pics of these beings?

• MotoTsumeMotoTsume Posts: 520
    edited December 1969

time for my usual question - how goes it with the Founder and Jem'Hader morphs :)

edited December 1969

DOWNLOAD HERE: http://www.sharecg.com/v/65162/view/11/Poser/STO-Admiral-Uniform-Textures-for-M4-Valiant

Admiral and Vice Admiral uniform textures from the Star Trek Online game for DAZ's M4 Valiant costume. There is a texture with a bump map available in the Materials folder. I didn't include pants and boot textures. You can use the pants and boots from the STO Academy set.

ViceAdmiralAD.jpg
    464 x 669 - 266K
    edited October 2012

DOWNLOAD HERE: http://www.sharecg.com/v/65164/view/11/Poser/STO-Antares-02-Uniform-Textures-for-M4-Valiant

Antares Variant 02 uniform textures from the Star Trek Online game for DAZ's M4 Valiant costume. There is a texture with a bump map for the tunic, boots, and pants available in the Materials folder. (The pants do have a morph to tuck them in the boots)

AntaresVarAD.jpg
    453 x 669 - 289K
    Post edited by mylochka on
  • MotoTsumeMotoTsume Posts: 520
    edited December 1969

mylochka, might want to redo that banner - I think Artists is spelled wrong.

• TheCastellanTheCastellan Posts: 708
    edited December 1969

Hope we get to see that for Victoria, too. :D

This discussion has been closed.