Star Trek Builders Thread!

Comments

• GRFK DSGN UnlimitedGRFK DSGN Unlimited Posts: 1,053
    edited December 1969

Just a heads up to let you know that Page 04 is now available on my blog for "The Final Frontier"

My blog is located here.

04_Page_04_preview.jpg
  • Charlie TunaCharlie Tuna Posts: 24
    edited December 1969

Nice :) Tactical looks like he's built for Security too

• Ryuu@AMcCFRyuu@AMcCF Posts: 668
    edited June 2012

mylochka said:
    I'm working on poses for a couple of our laser rifle props -- including jaguarry's Vulcan rifle. Problem is, I'm not a gun person by any stretch of the imagination. I can't figure out how this one is supposed to be held and can't find any good reference pics. Is this where the left hand is supposed to go?
    Okay, I want the phaser that has the "Vaporize-her-clothes-but-leaves-the-woman-intact" setting :lol:
    (although, it might need adjustments to fix the problem of "poofing" her hair...the results of using such a thing on a Caitian would probably not be pretty--either before or especially after M'Ress realizes her fur is gone)
    Post edited by Ryuu@AMcCF on
  • blutobluto Posts: 837
    edited December 1969

so , i guess that means i need to build an injection morph for my spoonhead alien too !
    thanks guys , i need to write a read me but the vest should be on share cg sometime late tonight .
    will post the info and link here

edited December 1969

That was the intention. You dont want to mess with him when he's angry. LOL

edited December 1969

That was the intention. You dont want to mess with him when he's angry. LOL
    :) to borrow a line from the Hulk, "Don't make me angry, you won't like me when I'm angry"

edited December 1969

And in a few short pages, you'll get to see just how angry he can get...

• MotoTsumeMotoTsume Posts: 520
    edited December 1969

another ship render

USSKusanagi1sm.jpg
  • jaguarry3jaguarry3 Posts: 230
    edited December 1969

mylochka said:
    I'm working on poses for a couple of our laser rifle props -- including jaguarry's Vulcan rifle. Problem is, I'm not a gun person by any stretch of the imagination. I can't figure out how this one is supposed to be held and can't find any good reference pics. Is this where the left hand is supposed to go?

Another suggested pose for rifle

Gun_Pose_2.jpg
    597 x 798 - 142K
  • jaguarry3jaguarry3 Posts: 230
    edited December 1969

bluto said:
    one more showing off mylochkas m4 bodysuit textures

Looking great can't wait for this. Which Hair did you use for these images?
  • blutobluto Posts: 837
    edited December 1969

it was included in poser 5 , its one of the kozaburo hair props for james

• mylochkamylochka Posts: 168
    edited December 1969

DOWNLOAD HERE: http://www.sharecg.com/v/62849/view/11/Poser/V4-Landing-Party-Poses---Tricorder

Poses created to go with jaguarry's ENT-era Vulcan tricorder (available here: http://startrekartistsunite.deviantart.com/gallery/25702050#/d34aqj1 )

(I'll have the Vulcan phaser rifle poses posted soon.)

VulTricorder01ad.png
  • mylochkamylochka Posts: 168
    edited December 1969

DOWNLOAD HERE: http://www.sharecg.com/v/62854/view/11/Poser/V4-Landing-Party-Poses---Laser-Rifle

Poses created to go with jaguarry's ENT-era Vulcan Laser Rifle (available here: http://startrekartistsunite.deviantart.com/gallery/25702050#/d34aqj1 )

VulRifle01ad.png
    400 x 500 - 163K
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Nice, thank you.

I'm working on another sash for M4.

Woven Rope Sash

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/2174/#30785

Hopefully Hexagon will let me finish this one. At the moment it is 'really 3D' ... if I have to I can slice it in half to cut the poly count for Hexagon.

test2.jpg
    test.jpg
    600 x 600 - 143K
    edited December 1969

mylochka said:

Those poses can also be used for other types of rifles :)
  • ThalekThalek Posts: 318
    edited December 1969

See what happens when I turn my back for a mere month or so? Cardassians! New ships! New poses! Dogs and cats, living together; mass hysteria!

• mdbruffymdbruffy Posts: 2,345
    edited December 1969

What does the "Genesis to Poser cr2" do? There was no info in the newsletter, none on the site, is there some big secret about it?

edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    What does the "Genesis to Poser cr2" do? There was no info in the newsletter, none on the site, is there some big secret about it?

I'd assume it lets you use the Genesis figure in Poser without a whole lot of hassle.
    edited December 1969

Hey guys,

I just purchased the "Genesis to Poser CR2" and tried downloading it--Got a virus warning from Norton!

I put in a ticket to the DAZ trouble desk to see what's up with this.

You might want to wait until we get some word on the problem before buying. I know I'm looking forward to using the product when it's working & virus-free.

edited December 1969

Hey guys,

I just purchased the "Genesis to Poser CR2" and tried downloading it--Got a virus warning from Norton!

I put in a ticket to the DAZ trouble desk to see what's up with this.

You might want to wait until we get some word on the problem before buying. I know I'm looking forward to using the product when it's working & virus-free.

When it is working and virus free, what's it do?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,583
    edited December 1969

It's a tutorial, tips, and Python scripts to make it easier to export Genesis to Poser. The Python scripts fix some of the conforming clothing problems.

Norton is notorious for giving false positives. If it labels it with "Reputation.x", that just means not many people have downloaded it. It isn't actually detecting something in the file.

edited December 1969

It's a tutorial, tips, and Python scripts to make it easier to export Genesis to Poser. The Python scripts fix some of the conforming clothing problems.

Norton is notorious for giving false positives. If it labels it with "Reputation.x", that just means not many people have downloaded it. It isn't actually detecting something in the file.
    Well, it's an executable file. Norton won't allow me to install it at all. I looked at the installer for Macs & there's nothing I can do to look at the contents to see any tutorial, tips or Python scripts.

How can I get this to work?

edited December 1969

I assume you have to have D/S in order to have something to import into Poser? This isn't something that works with just Poser, right?

edited December 1969

Well, it's an executable file. Norton won't allow me to install it at all. I looked at the installer for Macs & there's nothing I can do to look at the contents to see any tutorial, tips or Python scripts.

Go to virustotal.com and submit the file -- it'll run it through 40+ security scanners. If 2 or less flag it, I'd consider it safe. Then disconnect from the internet, stop Norton while you install it, then start Norton and reconnect to the internet.

edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:

I assume you have to have D/S in order to have something to import into Poser? This isn't something that works with just Poser, right?

Yes, you still need to use DS4 to export as .cr2

edited December 1969

Go to virustotal.com and submit the file -- it'll run it through 40+ security scanners. If 2 or less flag it, I'd consider it safe. Then disconnect from the internet, stop Norton while you install it, then start Norton and reconnect to the internet.Thanks.

virustotal.com came back with no hits. I guess I can have that trouble ticket closed.

edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:

Yes, you still need to use DS4 to export as .cr2

Okay. That's what I thought. Thanks for explaining.

• MotoTsumeMotoTsume Posts: 520
    edited December 1969

and one more ship render

USS Edison

Blender render

Edison4sm.jpg
    800 x 483 - 386K
  • murbymurby Posts: 35
    edited December 1969

bluto said:
    once again mylochka has come through for me and made my silly little project look wonderfull, but its up to you guys , please tell me if you think it looks ready to share with the rest of the class

Looks good :)

• ThalekThalek Posts: 318
    edited December 1969

Trying out the Horta, the new rifle poses, and Terra Dome. It worries me that something named Dante's Inferno (the texture for the sky dome) reminds me so much of Vulcan. [wry smile]

PhaserGirl.jpg
    640 x 480 - 83K
This discussion has been closed.