Luxus - "Parsing error in file 'xxx' at line 1719: syntax error"

When attempting to render with the Luxus plugin - and this only happens with some of my models, not all - the LuxRenderConsole disappears before producing any output either in the render window or in an output file.

I grabbed a screen cap right before the LuxRender Console disappeared, and the last line reads:

SEVERE ERROR: 47] Parsing error in file 'C:\Documents and Settings\-user-\Application Data\DAZ 3D\Studio4\temp\d9.lxs' at line 1719: syntax error

I'm using WinXP 32 bit, latest 32 bit Luxus, Daz Studio 4.5 with Luxus plugin.

I'd really like to use Luxus as my render engine, if anybody knows a solution for this error. :down:

Has anyone else run into an issue like this?

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited March 2013

You would probably have been better to have asked this question in one of the exisitng thread on the Luxus plugin, as the Vendor is there answering questions.

There are a couple in the Commons, this is possibly the best one for you http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/18543/

would you like me to move this post over into that thread ?

Post edited by Chohole on
  • StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited March 2013

hannagan said:
    When attempting to render with the Luxus plugin - and this only happens with some of my models, not all - the LuxRenderConsole disappears before producing any output either in the render window or in an output file.

I grabbed a screen cap right before the LuxRender Console disappeared, and the last line reads:

SEVERE ERROR: 47] Parsing error in file 'C:\Documents and Settings\-user-\Application Data\DAZ 3D\Studio4\temp\d9.lxs' at line 1719: syntax error

I'm using WinXP 32 bit, latest 32 bit Luxus, Daz Studio 4.5 with Luxus plugin.

I'd really like to use Luxus as my render engine, if anybody knows a solution for this error. :down:

Has anyone else run into an issue like this?

Error 47 would generally denote that the exporter (Luxus) stopped writing the file in the middle of writing the file, or was unable to finish providing information about a specific item .

If there is a specific model or prop that appears to cause this when it's added to a scene there could be a corruption with it, in which case there are a few things you can try to fix it. (i'll elaborate if its needed, but we're not there yet.)

also, Luxus is your exporter, Reality is my exporter, LuxRender is the rendering engine, what version of LuxRender are you running?

Post edited by StratDragon on
  • edited March 2013

Thanks for the reply :)

LuxRender v1.2

Post edited by hannagan_160a97f007 on
    edited December 1969

well thats the right version of LuxRender.
    If you haven't done so already re-download Luxus from the Daz3d store, there was an update to it last night I think.
    If the problem continues see if you can find the specific model or prop that's causing it and as a test remove it from the scene.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

I have had some luck just re-exporting the scene...and on a few occasions, just restarting the render.

To do that, you need to make sure that 'Collect textures' is on and then going to the folder (usually the Studio4 temp folder) it is dumped to and manually running it from there...open the Luxrender GUI and use it to find and start the render.

• edited December 1969

I found that the MarjaHairDS4 (MarjaHairGenesis) was the prop that was causing the problem with Luxus. It renders without it. That's a shame, I kinda wanted that hair.

Is it normal for Luxus to take half an hour to render a single model though? 3Delight took just over a minute...

edited March 2013

first off, 3Delight and LuxRender the comparison is not apples and oranges, they are very different in their approach to rendering so things in the "watered down" version of 3Delight for the sake of making 3Delight usable for the casual user it's going to be much faster than LuxRender which is calculating for a much more sophisticated set of shaders and lighting processes. So an hour, an hour is nothing for LuxRender for what you're doing with it. Get ready to leave your computer on at night, get up the next morning and have something usable on the screen or possibly still going, that's far from unheard of even with the most powerful systems depending on what your doing.

2nd, don't write off that hair just yet. two things you can try;
    1) Export the hair as an OBJ with materials, delete the hair from the scene and reload the OBJ onto the models head. The OBJ should remember the position the model was in when you saved it meaning if you pose the model with the hair, save the hair as obj, then delete the hair on the model then pose the model then load the obj the obj will go where the model WAS, not where it is
    File>Export>Obj

2) Just brain farted writing that sentence above...I think I was going to say just save the hair in a scene by itself, then clear the scene then load the scene back and try to render.

Post edited by StratDragon on