trouble downloading

carcas769carcas769 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

I'm trying to download the latest ver of DAZ. When I clicked on the link and tried to save I got an
error message 'invalid file name' so I changed the name (save as) and it says 'failed to download'.
I only have one attempt left. Please help.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Is this from your Donwloadable Products area in My Account? Which file exactly are you trying to download?
    I have never heard of that error before, you should not have to change any names in any of the downloadable items.

If I were you, I would clear my browser cache and try again. If you run out of download attempts, go to your Itemised Order History, find DS4.5 in your orders, and press the 'Reset' button, that will give you more attempts.

• carcas769carcas769 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Yes, I'm in the download product page. The file is Daz 4.5 pro 64 exe for pc. The file name for the
    download is 15+ characters long and includes a backslash at the end (Mc5Db6...ect). I managed to
    download the manual by clicking retry after 'failed to download' so hopefully that will work for all the files.
    Thank you for telling me how to reset, I was getting worried.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

My downloaded file for PC Win 7 64 bit is called DAZStudio_4.5.1.56_Win64.exe, and that is the correct name when the download is finished.

I reset my download, and started downloading to see what I would get, the filename says :

DAZStudio_4.5.1.56_Win64 (1).exe.6c3wx94.partial so what you are getting may be correct while it is still downloading. If it doesn't work out for you, please post again.

edited March 2013

After restarting ie and clearing the cache, the downloads had the correct names
    and I was able to download and install the programs without further issue.

Unfortunately, there is a bug that prevents me from starting DAZ 4.5
    'DAZ.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\Windows\system32\Pen_Tablet.dll" at 0033:0000000003CA6844, Ordinal999()+26692 byte(s)'

I ran DAZ as administrator so I don't understand why there would be an access_violation.
    I'll send the error log in as prompted by the program.
    Thank you for your help

Post edited by carcas769 on
    edited December 1969

I updated the tablet driver and everything is working fine now.