Using Older .ds files in DAZ 4.5

awittsteinawittstein Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

I have some older wardrobe files called "The Mage" which have a ".ds" extension I would like to use to clothe a wizard character I've created with Genesis. DAZ Studio 4.5 doesn't seem to be able to work with these files. They show up in the Content Library pane, but nothing I have tried so far will get them to actually load into the scene. I even tried loading the old Michael 3 character, which does load just fine, but the clothes still will not. Does anybody know if there is a way to use .ds files in version 4.5. Thanks so much,

Arnie

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Those sound like the material files and not the actual outfit. The outfit itself is probably in Poser Formats > Figures in the Content Library (not Smart Content) pane...

• awittsteinawittstein Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi,

Thanks for your help. After getting your reply and still not being able to find the content anywhere, I did a search on my computer for the .CR2 and .OBJ files, and found none. I then discovered that I had only installed the .ds exe file, and not the .dpc exe file. So you were right; I only had the texture files installed. After installing the rest of the files, everything works fine now. Thanks so much.

Feeling like a dope,

Arnie