Trying cr2 export from 4.5 - problem

I'm trying to test the export to poser 9/2012 and no CR2 is created. I notice in one of the videos the base path and cr2 fields should automatically be populated and mine aren't. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

cr2_exp.JPG
762 x 632 - 45K

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,474
    edited December 1969

Wheer were you trying to save? It should be in \Runtime\Libraries\Character\Somefolder(s)

• NansteinNanstein Posts: 43
    edited December 1969

Wheer were you trying to save? It should be in \Runtime\Libraries\Character\Somefolder(s)

I'm trying to do the same thing and having the same result. I've never exported a cr2 before.
    For my base folder I select:
    My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/Daz People

But this gives me an error message:
    "The location you chose for the base Runtime path is invalid. Please select a folder named "/Runtime/"'.

I'm not sure which Runtime it expects me to indicate as the base. This location is where DIM installed M4's cr2 file. I double-checked by right-clicking on M4 in the Content Library and finding the cr2 file's location. I am trying to do this because some folks have had good luck getting Gen X to work with M4 by loading the base figure and all injection morphs and then exporting him as a new cr2 file.

Thank you in advance for any input you can offer.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Nanstein said:

I'm trying to do the same thing and having the same result. I've never exported a cr2 before.
    For my base folder I select:
    My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/Daz People

But this gives me an error message:
    "The location you chose for the base Runtime path is invalid. Please select a folder named "/Runtime/"'.

I'm not sure which Runtime it expects me to indicate as the base. This location is where DIM installed M4's cr2 file. I double-checked by right-clicking on M4 in the Content Library and finding the cr2 file's location. I am trying to do this because some folks have had good luck getting Gen X to work with M4 by loading the base figure and all injection morphs and then exporting him as a new cr2 file.

Thank you in advance for any input you can offer.

Needs the 'base' folder, so "Runtime" is what you stop at. As I recall it'll be needing to put a reference to the .obj file in the .cr2 it creates.

Also, these folders are the ones that needed to be used already in the rigging of the .cr2 file. One cannot redirect the references on export.
    [unless they've made massive changes I don't know about yet]. [in other words, one must not work from files on their desktop and expect to export a working legacy file]

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

And I am not 100% sure - but I think you have to have that Runtime folder as one of the Poser directories in DazStudio.

edited December 1969

Needs the 'base' folder, so "Runtime" is what you stop at. As I recall it'll be needing to put a reference to the .obj file in the .cr2 it creates.

Also, these folders are the ones that needed to be used already in the rigging of the .cr2 file. One cannot redirect the references on export.
    [unless they've made massive changes I don't know about yet]. [in other words, one must not work from files on their desktop and expect to export a working legacy file]

Thank you so much. This makes sense. As it turns out, I didn't have to do an export after all, to get GenX to work for M4.
    Thanks so much though.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Even better :-)

edited December 1969

Even better :-)

Yes! :D
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,898
    edited December 1969

When working on your own models or conversions that you plan to pack up or just test, it is best to have an empty Runtime handy. The reason is that the Geometry file used for the model and then textures associated with it need to already be in their Runtime folders and then you save the CR2 to its folder within the same Runtime. It seems complicated at first but it is not. When the CR2 is made, the file paths within to the OBJ and the Textures are corect according to the folder structure of your mini runtime.

edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    When working on your own models or conversions that you plan to pack up or just test, it is best to have an empty Runtime handy. The reason is that the Geometry file used for the model and then textures associated with it need to already be in their Runtime folders and then you save the CR2 to its folder within the same Runtime. It seems complicated at first but it is not. When the CR2 is made, the file paths within to the OBJ and the Textures are corect according to the folder structure of your mini runtime.

Mattymanx, thank you so much for this post. It's very helpful.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,898
    edited December 1969

Nanstein said:
    Mattymanx said:

Mattymanx, thank you so much for this post. It's very helpful.

You're Welcome! :)