Luxrender missing exe file

OlderkatOlderkat Posts: 38
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

I have recently purchased LuxRender Plugin from Daz 3D and have loaded it, and the content file into my copy of Daz Studio 4.5 pro as per the setup instructions.
I read the PDF instuctions on how to set it up, but unable to do so as I have no LuxRender EXE file.
In the advanced section of the DS4 render menu I found the plugin then tried to setup the path to LuxRender.exe but was told that LuxRender Application not found, I used my Windows file search but this could not find LuxRender.exe. on my computer, I have downloaded the latest version of DS4 pro reloaded LuxRender but still no file
Can you help

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The Lux Render program is not SOLD or included in the Daz3D files. It is a separate Render Engine that you can find Here. The plugin you bought only lets Daz Studio send the info (your scene) to the Lux Render Engine.

I hope this helps.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

And it does state in the Luxus Readme that you would need to download and install LuxRender yourself. ;)

• OlderkatOlderkat Posts: 38
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    The Lux Render program is not SOLD or included in the Daz3D files. It is a separate Render Engine that you can find Here. The plugin you bought only lets Daz Studio send the info (your scene) to the Lux Render Engine.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for the help, I'll check it out

• bryanfbryanf Posts: 23
    edited December 1969

I too purchased the Luxrender off of Daz for $20.00. It specifically says that the render engine is translated into lux render, it no where within the description says that you need to purchase a separate piece of software.
    I am disappointment in this purchase but not surprised in the faulty marketing of Daz Studio,

edited December 1969

Luxus allows you to render a DAZ Studio scene to an image using LuxRender. Luxus will automatically translate your scene to LuxRender, or you can control the translation by adding parameters specific to LuxRender in your DAZ Studio scene.

LuxRender is an unbiased render engine based on what light does in real life. Images generated are defined by a simulation of the laws of physics.

Luxus offers close integration with DAZ Studio. As much as possible it does things the way users of DAZ Studio would be familiar with. Luxus shows up as a render engine inside the Render Settings Pane(Tab). Spot Render? Yes it does.

Parameters relevant to LuxRender can be added to any existing materials in the DAZ Studio scene. These parameters can be multiple selected and adjusted in the Surfaces Pane. Any material presets saved out will have these LuxRender parameters.

As much as possible Luxus is future proofed to support the fast paced effort of the LuxRender project.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,898
    edited December 1969

bry said:
    I too purchased the Luxrender off of Daz for $20.00. It specifically says that the render engine is translated into lux render, it no where within the description says that you need to purchase a separate piece of software.
    I am disappointment in this purchase but not surprised in the faulty marketing of Daz Studio,

Lux Render is Open Source Freeware. Luxus, the plugin is what you have paid for.

edited December 1969

bry said:

You are being a bit hasty for not completely reading the above posts, importantly the second post down from the top where is states

I hope this helps.

Notice the link in BLUE. Click on that and that will take you to the LuxRender website where you can download the Lux Render Engine for Free. What you purchased was LUXUS a plug-in that use the free render engine called LuxRender.
    edited December 1969

Hey Pete, yes I enjoy the color blue associated with links, it is very pretty.

Yet my harsh reaction regarding the time I spent attempting to find out why the lux render
    download in daz would not link to the file required for it's operation is really my personal feelings
    and shared with the original poster of this thread
    This is only related to the fact there was no explanation on Daz this didn't automatically happen as
    promised (again faulty marketing).

edited December 1969

I will hold my hands up and agree with that...I just reread the product page and yes without proir knowledge of what the LuxRender Engine is I can see how it IS misleading. Perhaps doing something to help others in the future is to make a support ticket directed to sales explaining the valid point so they can get it amended. Just a suggestion. ;)