Problem with strange bending on poser car models in daz studio...

mrsparkymrsparky Posts: 248
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

I'm testing a model for a mate and he's reporting that with some models, weird things are happening in studio with some of the parts.One which can be seen in the (punter supplied) picture here. In poser the 2 doors open perfectly, but in studio this happens.

I've seen similar in poser where vertexes havn't been spilt, but on these models the verts are spilt correctly.
Theres no spaces or unusual characters in the group or part names within the OBJ or the CR2.

Looking at the mesh there doesn't appear to be any abnormalities or things like bad polys.
As the models are originally designed for pro usage with shaders, some do have non standard mapping, sometimes out of range in uvmapper, but that shouldn't affect the mesh groups. The rigging is perfectly normal standard everyday stuff, no ERC or anything fancy.

Neither of us are studio users, but I have heard that studio can have issues with posers joint rotation angles.
Plus that if weight mapping is enabled in studio that the joints of where parts bend can bulge outwards.

I can't replicate the fault in P4, P5, P6 or P9. Similar models also work fine in Carrara 5 and Vue 4 and V5.5. So I'm sorta stumped and so does anyone have any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance!

CorvetteBadDoors.jpg
800 x 604 - 66K

Comments

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886
    edited March 2013

DS4 uses what's called a "single skin mesh", and it's set to auto weld any Poser content on load, so what you are seeing is the vertices along your group edges after they have been welded together, as they were too close to the vertices in the other groups.

Post edited by Bejaymac on
  • mrsparkymrsparky Posts: 248
    edited December 1969

thanks for that, it's kinda similar to what's been said at rendo. which makes a lot of sense given how tightly made these models are.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,870
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the info, I have several cars with that problem from Rendo and other places, now I now what I need to tweak to make them work !