Problem with loading and saving old stuff in 4.5 [solved]

xerxesapxerxesap Posts: 0

I f I load an old prop instaled in my daz 3 says it works fine but when I save as a scene in 4.5 and then try to load I get the "some assets missing" message and al I get is a series of gray boxes.

Anyone have any idea what to do?

Post edited by fixmypcmike on

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Is your DS3 content folder listed in the Content Directory Manager for DS4.5?

Are you loading the itme from inside the DS4.5 Content Library, and does it load OK? If so, when you save, are you saving as a DUF Scene file?

• xerxesapxerxesap Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Yes it's listed, I have no problem finding or loading stuff from the content folder in 4.5 but when I save as .DUF the new save doesen't load properly.

Newer stuff works fine, its older poser format stuff that whont save properly.

edited December 1969

If you look at the log file in Help > Troubleshooting > View Log File, it may tell you what assets are missing, and it would help to figure out what is going on.

The items that are coming out as grey blocks, do you know what products they are exactly?

edited December 1969

It seems to be any older produkt thats in a poser format

If I load and save "Old barrel" everything seems to work but when I try to load the file I just saved I get a message saying that this asset can't be found:

/data/auto_adapted/Barrel_2370/geometry_c91f52ed_104b_855b_79bf_fc69f82b474d/Barrel.dsf

and instead of a barrel a gray block.

edited December 1969

If you are on a PC, please do a search for 'data' to see if you can find the old data folder for your previous install of DAZ Studio. If you can find it, then you can merge it into the new data folder, and that should fix it.

edited December 1969

Hoe do I know witch one is the new one? Should there be a data folder in the daz 4 directory?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

What is your first DS-format content folder in DS4?

edited December 1969

Dazstudio3 as in program/Das 3d/dazstudio3

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

If you're using Win7/8/Vista then Program Files is a protected folder, so it isn't allowing DS to save the data files where DS thinks they are. Keep your content outside of Program Files.

edited December 1969

It worked thanks, problem solved!