Shader Mixer : Imager

BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

I've started learning to work the Shader Mixer, and as far as surfaces go there's quite some documentation and examples around. With some time and effort i suppose i can manage that.
My main interest however would be camera shaders. Specifically the imager root is a big mystery to me. All info i could find is that you can plug a backdrop into it. All my efforts of doing anything with it only result in DS crashing.
Can someone provide me with some examples of how to use this root brick and what possibilities it may offer ?

Comments

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,598
    edited December 1969

I've started learning to work the Shader Mixer, and as far as surfaces go there's quite some documentation and examples around. With some time and effort i suppose i can manage that.
    My main interest however would be camera shaders. Specifically the imager root is a big mystery to me. All info i could find is that you can plug a backdrop into it. All my efforts of doing anything with it only result in DS crashing.
    Can someone provide me with some examples of how to use this root brick and what possibilities it may offer ?
    If you own Age of Armours camera shaders you could have a look at how he set them up andwhether he used an image brick and how he used it.
  • BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

Little doh-moment here :)
    I have Age of Armour's Atmospheric Effects Camera's but i just assumed they would be compiled/encrypted.

Thank you for the tip, Pendraia. And thank you for the tutorials/recipes list as well !!

edited December 1969

Little doh-moment here :)
    I have Age of Armour's Atmospheric Effects Camera's but i just assumed they would be compiled/encrypted.

Thank you for the tip, Pendraia. And thank you for the tutorials/recipes list as well !!

No problem...I'm not sure you can encrypt them any more. I know you could in DS3 but when they took it out a beta a lot of stuff changed.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,473
    edited December 1969

Script presets can be encrypted, but the network could still be read in from the shader once applied. Encryption is useful only for actual scripts, where the code is to be kept secret.

edited December 1969

Script presets can be encrypted, but the network could still be read in from the shader once applied. Encryption is useful only for actual scripts, where the code is to be kept secret.

Interesting to know...I was just referring to ShaderMixer presets. I'm still coming to grips with all new formats. Does that mean that if someone created a scripted shader it could be encrypted but the ShaderMixer ones can't?

edited December 1969

I think so, yes, though I'm not sure what you mean by a scripted shader.

edited December 1969

I think so, yes, though I'm not sure what you mean by a scripted shader.
    Sorry...I was thinking of when they enter the script for the shader directly into the RSL editor or the Script IDE. I hope I've gotten that correct as I don't really understand the process for doing this type of shader.
    edited December 1969

Yes, a shader written in RSL (in a text editor or using Shader Builder) can't be taken apart into bricks, and isn't - in a compiled (sdl I think) file - human-readable.

edited December 1969

Yes, a shader written in RSL (in a text editor or using Shader Builder) can't be taken apart into bricks, and isn't - in a compiled (sdl I think) file - human-readable.
    Thanks for the info Richard...I thought that might be the case.