Losing positioning data across save/load of .duf scene

SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,971
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

I first thought it might have been be forgetting to save, but it has just happened again and in a more extreme manner. Using DS4.5P 64-bit and am putting together a big scene (currently it has Skill Cove Island complete, along with a fair few miscellaneous figures ).
After spending some time roughly placing 15 of the additional 28 figures/props (I was going to go back and fine tune) I called it a day and saved the file. Now, when I open the scene, all of the figures are at the default 0,0,0 position.

Has anyone else had this happen and, if so, is there an obvious way to stop it keep on happening?

Comments

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,898
    edited December 1969

I dont recall that happening myself however when it comes to large scenes, I break them down into smaller saves and load them all together for the final render. This way i can load just a small part and tweak it without having to put up with the lag that a lot of items can cause. Or long load and save times

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,971
    edited December 1969

That may be a way to go, I'll give that a try and see how it works out

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited December 1969

I'm seeing DS4.5 loose item positioning with some scenes created in DS3.1.2.32 when they're brought over. It's very random but I'm looking into a commonality to determine the cause.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,971
    edited December 1969

If there is an underlying reason it'd be good to know. My issue is entirely within DS4.5.