Uninstalling content

skatz_986cb4d5b5skatz_986cb4d5b5 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

I'm on the MAC. I recently bought Poser Pro 2012 but still have a lot of content in the Poser Pro 2010 content folder -- including Victoria 4.2. I then purchased AikoToon4 and HiroToon4 with additional Aiko Toon content. I then discovered that the Aiko/HiroToon should be in the same folder as Victoria 4.2. I then installed Aiko/HiroToon in PP 2010 Content Folder. So, now it's installed in two places. So I went to uninstall the Aiko/HiroToon content from 2012 and ran the uninstaller. However, the uninstaller did not give me an option on which folder to uninstall.

I now see I should have uninstalled the first Aiko/HiroToon before doing the new install. How do I clear Aiko/Hiro only from 2012?

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited December 1969

Once you pick a destination folder for install the figure is going to reside in multiple folders. If you used one installer for multiple locations that information file was probably overwritten to reflect the last time you installed, and not all the times you installed. and would require you to remove the parts manually
    A figure for Poser (and you'll have to forgive me I haven't used poser since version 5 so I'm going by that and Daz Studio) is generally stored

Macintosh HD: (Anywhere from Applications to Users:Documents):Geometries:Figure Data:figure.obj
    Macintosh HD: (Anywhere from Applications to Users:Documents):Textures:Figures Textures folder
    Macintosh HD: (Anywhere from Applications to Users:Documents):Runtime:CharacterThat Figure: figure.CR2
    Macintosh HD: (Anywhere from Applications to Users:Documents):Runtime:PoseThat Figures Poses and/or Mats Folder: files

• skatz_986cb4d5b5skatz_986cb4d5b5 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you. This is going to take some time. I just hope I can find all the right folders. I'm thinking of uninstalling all the instances of AikoToon and Hiro Toon to get a fresh start. Fortunately, I only double installed AikoToon.

edited December 1969

Well, I just checked and AikoToon was uninstalled from the correct directory. It's not installed in the right directory. I can apply the FIGURE ADD to Victoria 4.2. But the eyes are way to big. This was mentioned somewhere as a problem with files in the wrong directory. However, they seem to be in the right directories. Hmmm.

edited December 1969

Last post stated the file was not in the right directory. That's a typo. Actually, everything seem to be in the right directory, but still giving me the same eye problem.

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited December 1969

is the eye too big because of a parameter value, for example say there is a morph called "EyesBig",

EyesBig.........200%
    or
    EyesBig..........2%
    or
    EyesBig..........(multiple)

try changing to
    EyesBig.........0%

or it could be cross referenced with another value that would appear to have nothing to do with the eyes, like say on the root of the body there is a "figuremorph.......100%" that controls the figure and the eyes, in which case you may see the (multiple} meaning there are other morph target values that affect this value and you may need to find them and adjust as needed.

edited December 1969

I figured it out. DAZ Tech never responded to my ticket after a week, so I called the 3D Universe that made the figure. I was told to apply the Aiko Toon figure to Victoria. Which where the problem began. Then on a whim I applied the Anime Aiko base to Victoria first and then added the Toon Aiko. Everything worked fine after that. I saved the file and it reopens in either Poser 2010 or 2012 and looks fine. I should have thought of the solution sooner. Seems obvious now. Thanks for jumping in.