Help with Generation x

I just bought Generation X. When I drag Victoria 4 to the transfer panel, I get this:

GenX - Loading figure: Victoria 4
Loading figure file ...
Figure not supported.

Am I doing this right? Loading the .CR2 file gives the same error.

Comments

• edited December 1969

I got it done with Gen4. Of course Gen 4 wouldn't read the Genesis geometry from 4.5, so I had to intall 4.0 on a virtual machine to get the old files. Gen4 had no problem reading the Victoria2.cr2 that Gen x was barfing on. I pointed it to the the 4.0 geometry and it made the morphs. I guess I'll save GenX for whenever they fix it. At $30, it should work and the documentation should be better..

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

shawnlau said:
    I got it done with Gen4. Of course Gen 4 wouldn't read the Genesis geometry from 4.5, so I had to intall 4.0 on a virtual machine to get the old files. Gen4 had no problem reading the Victoria2.cr2 that Gen x was barfing on. I pointed it to the the 4.0 geometry and it made the morphs. I guess I'll save GenX for whenever they fix it. At $30, it should work and the documentation should be better..

Dragging the Victoria 4.2.cr2 over to GenX works for me - just did it today again. Are you sure you are dragging over the latest updated 4.2 Victoria cr2 without modifications? E.g. some add-ons might adjust the cr2 itself and due to that such a cr2 might not work anymore in GenX.

• SnowDogSnowDog Posts: 44
    edited December 1969

shawnlau said:
    I just bought Generation X. When I drag Victoria 4 to the transfer panel, I get this:

Loading figure file ...
    Figure not supported.

I get the same error. Not sure how to fix it. Using the base CR2 doesn't work.

• MachieltjeMachieltje Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm probably just stoopid but it doesn't work for me...

could it be It needs to be updated for D|S 4.6?

• SnowDogSnowDog Posts: 44
    edited December 1969

GamerGrrl said:
    shawnlau said:

Loading figure file ...
    Figure not supported.

I get the same error. Not sure how to fix it. Using the base CR2 doesn't work.

Ok, here is the solution I got from Dimension3D:

The solution is to look into your user data folder and locate the folder DAZ
    3DStudio4GenX. The installer either has put it to a different user or to the
    default user. Move the GenX folder to the same location for the user you are
    using for DAZ Studio.

The user data folder differs depending on the OS version. For Windows 7, it
    is "C:UsersDefaultAppDataRoaming", where AppData is a hidden folder and
    Default is the user name. On Vista it should be the same, on XP it's
    different.

• MachieltjeMachieltje Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Happyhappy Joyjoy Happyhappy Happyhappy Happyhappy Joyjoy

Thank you GamerGrrl that worked! As you might have guessed I'm very happy now ;-)

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,698
    edited December 1969

Argh, have been trying to figure the same problem out, but I just don't have another user on my PC with another App/Data/Roaming/DAZ3D/GenX folder ><<br /> The only folder where I can find the App/Data/Roaming/DAZ3D/GenX is in my own userfolder...
    So the GenX file seems to be where it should be, but I still get the "figure not supported" message on M4.
    Is there some other solution to this?
    Could it be that the new 4.6 update is interfering?

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited May 2013

Estroyer said:
    Argh, have been trying to figure the same problem out, but I just don't have another user on my PC with another App/Data/Roaming/DAZ3D/GenX folder ><<br /> The only folder where I can find the App/Data/Roaming/DAZ3D/GenX is in my own userfolder...
    So the GenX file seems to be where it should be, but I still get the "figure not supported" message on M4.
    Is there some other solution to this?
    Could it be that the new 4.6 update is interfering?

Same with me. I can't load V4 or M4 (haven't tried anything else). I am the only user on my machine, and the GenX folder is in the location where GamerGrrl mentioned. The only file in there is GenX.ini

Edit: I reinstalled GenX and now it works fine.

Post edited by Slosh on
  • SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,698
    edited May 2013

I'll try that...
    Cross your fingers...

EDIT
    Nope, that din't work :(

2nd EDIT
    I restarted DAZ and now it works!
    Thanks a million!

Post edited by Sylvan on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,874
    edited December 1969

So are you both saying it was the new version that was acting up with it?