serial number/registration issue

Hello,

I am having major problems with registering the latest version of daz studio after updating.

Having installed the newest 4.5 version of studio, it didn't ask for any serial numbers, and just opened up. It is now running in what I assume is 'basic' or 'trial' mode. I only have three menu options 'file' and 'help'. the only option in 'file' is to close down.

I therefore went to the registration option in 'help' and entered my product code, which was recognised. however, it hasn't made any difference.

there is clearly some problem here. I have tried uninstalling the program and removing all program files relating to ds4, but still no difference. I have tried running as admin, no difference, have tried changing the UAC settings, i have tried looking for the appdata folder for daz but there isn't one. basically every suggestion i have found on the issue has not worked.

could someone help me sort this out please.

Thanks

Richard

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

There is no trial!

Yes the updates can find serial keys already in the registry or wherever they're hidden.

Under "Help" > About Daz Studio ... should come up with the D/S 4.5.1.56Pro
    Under "Help" > About installed plugins, most if not all should be showing as plugged in.
    Animate 2 is a 30 day trial then goes to lit. However if you've previously purchased it, it probably found the key and is plugged in.
    Decimator is a purchase required plugin UNLESS you had previously purchased for $ D/S4.Pro.
    And the Dynamic Clothing Control full version is also a purchase if I recall correctly.

• edited December 1969

Hello, thanks for your reply,

The problem is not with the plugins, but with studio itself.

It only gives me 'file' 'window' and 'help' in the menu bar at the top. I am therefore unable to use the program properly.

in 'file' it only gives a 'close' option, 'window' only gives me 'workspace' and 'help' is similarly restricted.

obviously something is not correct here, and the program is running in some sort of restricted mode.

under help, it does say it is D/S 4.5.1.56Pro

the plugins all say they are installed

I have purchased animate 2 before, so is also showing as installed.

I don't really understand why the program is in the reduced function state?

• edited December 1969

What work space are you using? There's a beta work space thats' a little sparse.

• edited December 1969

it is on the hollywood blvd one, that was just default

• edited December 1969

ok, I changed the work space to a different layout and it sorted out the problem. When I then went back to hollywood blvd, the full menu options remained. That is very strange, some sort of bug probably but has sorted the issue.

If I have any more problems, will update...

Thanks for your help shawnlau. seems an obvious thing to check now...

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Yes that was odd ... glad you got it sorted out though.