Mimic pro tutorials

danniella3ddanniella3d Posts: 0

Hi,

I have made my own character, and would like to add face expressions and have the mouth open ,smile and so forth
I am not sure what is used to make this happen, I came accross Mimic but befor I spend $$$ I was wondering if it will do these things, Im not intressed in the talking part just the expressions, also doe it come with tutorials?

Thanks for any advice or if there is another program that would be recomended please let me know :)
Oops Im also using poser 8 and 12

Post edited by danniella3d on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,473
    edited December 1969

You mean your own custom character, freshly modelled and rigged, rather than a character for a pre-existing figure?

• danniella3ddanniella3d Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Yes my own character freshly modelled and rigged and just need to find out how to do the face morphs :)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,473
    edited December 1969

Essentially you push the mesh around in your modeller, then import as a morph target - Poser has always required that you morph each part separately, though I'm not sure Poser 9/Poser Pro 2012 haven't changed that. If not it may be ebst to export the head as OBJ, using the As morph target option, and use that to create the new shapes so that you don't get oddities from having seams welded or unwelded throwing the morph creation out.

• danniella3ddanniella3d Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Ok I can do that...but to get the mouth and jaws to open would I do that in hexagon as well, its a little hard to do, thats why I though there maybe another program that would be easyer lol