firey genesis

goofygrmom3goofygrmom3 Posts: 160
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

I downloaded and installed the 'create firey genesis' freebie today. The lights, camera and jpeg are not showing up anywhere. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

Are you using DS4.0 or DS4.5? DS4.5 has the Firey Genesis content included in Genesis Starter Essentials.

• goofygrmom3goofygrmom3 Posts: 160
    edited December 1969

I'm using the 4.5. Do I have to purchase the Genesis Essentials?

edited December 1969

I looked at the starter pack and I don't see that the lights are included. Thanks anyway.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

No Genesis Starter Essentials is a seperate Free download that should have been with the main program installer in your Account. Yes there are lights in the main program and additional ones that you get free but you have learn to set those up. The Ready To Render scenes lke Firey Genesis has a crude but working light rig included using the Daz Studio default lights..

edited December 1969

Thanks for the info. I was watching a video tutorial and it appears that the lights are presets. When I got the firey genesis freebie, it says the light, camera and jpeg are what's included. I still can't find them. I'm really frustrated and ready to throw in the towel.

edited December 1969

Sorry but if you are loading the "Ready To Render" scene and using the main "Scene" loading icon then it loads the whole thing lights and all. And yes it has a light Preset which means it has a few Daz Studio Default lights already placed and set up for you and which is "Ready to Render".

Have you unistaled the one you got form the Store and installed Genesis Starter Essentails? If not do that first.

edited December 1969

I'm not trying to use the ready to render. I'm following the tutorial shown with the 13162 firey genesis. In the 'what's included' space it says the lights and camera are included.

edited December 1969

Ok that explains it better cheers.

I would have to assume you didn't look in the Content Library Pane (NOT SMART CONTENT) as shown below.

fireygenelights.jpg
    922 x 978 - 466K