Anwyn for V4 & Genesis StudioCF

larrygilmanlarrygilman Posts: 100
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

I have installed everything using The Install Manager. I need to completely remove Anwyn for V4 & Genesis StudioCF, as I believe it is corrupt. When I try to install it instantly fails and sits in "Ready to Install", with the "Failed to Install" message. I right click on the file, select "Delete Installers". Which then puts it back into "Ready to Download". I will select it, click "Start Queue", it moves to "Ready to Install" I select it, click "Start Queue" and the whole process repeats itself for as long as I want to continue. That cyclic process includes checking "Delete Installer Once Installed".

I had no problem installing Anwyn for V4 & Genesis StudioCF on my desktop computer. The log shows the file can't be opened. So I need to know how do I completely get rid of Anwyn for V4 & Genesis StudioCF and force DIM to download a new file?? I did a search for it and only found the good file "Anwyn for V4 & Genesis".

For what it's worth Anwyn for V4 & Genesis installed just fine.

Thanks in advance. I really am having fun with this learning experience!!!

Comments

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985
    edited December 1969

Deleting the installers from the "Ready to Install" tab is triggering a re-download and they appear on the "Ready to Download" tab.

Is the error log you mention the DIM error log that is accessed on the DIM configuration panel (gear icon on the lower left)? I've found the two error messages I've come across have sufficient info as to why the install failed. Can you post the end of the log that shows the error(s)?

• GranvilleGranville Posts: 690
    edited December 1969

I have the same problem, but I don't find the log particularly helpful:

Could not extract file : E:/DAZ Managed Content/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf/Genesis.dsf
    Product installation failed : Anwyn for V4 & Genesis StudioCF
    Install Queue finished in 0 min 2.3 sec.

edited December 1969

I have the same problem, but I don't find the log particularly helpful:

Could not extract file : E:/DAZ Managed Content/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf/Genesis.dsf
    Install Queue finished in 0 min 2.3 sec.

The error is saying it can't extract the Genesis.dsf because a file Genesis.dsf exists in the file extract path. Because DIM can't create a folder "Genesis.dsf" (because there is a file named Genesis.dsf there already), the extract failed.

I'd definitely recommend that you file a DAZ support ticket and have them fix the DIM installer. The fact that it's replacing genesis.dsf seems odd to me.

• larrygilmanlarrygilman Posts: 100
    edited December 1969

Here is the bottom part of log.txt. I had to reinstall as I got a boat-load of updates.
    ...................................................................................................................................

+++++++++++++++ Install Manager 1.0.0.112 starting +++++++++++++++++
    Platform bits: 32
    Qt Version: 4.8.3
    Locale: en_US
    Running on Windows 7, Build 7601, Service Pack 1
    Physical Memory:
    Total: 3.9 GB (4294967295)
    Avail: 3.9 GB (4294967295)
    Virtual Memory:
    Total: 3.9 GB (4294836224)
    Avail: 3.8 GB (4168679424)
    Current Memory Usage: 17%
    Current DateTime:
    Loc: Sun Apr 7 20:57:04 2013
    UTC: Mon Apr 8 02:57:04 2013
    Application Data:
    Location = C:/Users/Public/Documents/DAZ 3D/InstallManager
    Disk Total: 917.8 GB (985536655360)
    Disk Avail: 810.0 GB (869800886272)
    Reading dzInstall.ini
    Current Account: Sadsaytr
    Current Download Path:
    Location = C:/Users/Public/Documents/DAZ 3D/InstallManager/Downloads
    Disk Avail: 810.0 GB (869800882176)
    Current Install Path:
    Location = C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library
    Disk Avail: 810.0 GB (869800882176)
    Current Account: Sadsaytr
    Processed 736 installed products totaling 33.8 GB
    Product 13372-1:Summerwear Textures for Genesis is repeated
    Processed 490 products with 796 unique product downloads
    1 records were repeated product downloads.
    Installing product : Anwyn for V4 & Genesis StudioCF
    WARNING: Error opening save file "C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf/Genesis.dsf.ztmp" : could not open file

Could not extract file : C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf/Genesis.dsf
    Install Queue finished in 0 min 0.0 sec.

edited December 1969

Check out my post before your message explaining the error message:

Could not extract file : C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf/Genesis.dsf

You should file a support ticket reporting the error and have Daz issue an updated DIM installer.