Posing/moving help

1. Imagine this scene: [ M4 is holding V4's forearm ]
How do I make M4's hand and the rest of his body follow when I pull V4's forearm?

2. I'm using 4.5RC, when I load M4 and drag his arm (for example), it moves for a bit and then suddenly his whole body becomes stiff and poses on his default pose (just like when you first load it) and it can't be moved anymore no matter what body part you pull with the active pose tool. The only escape is to ctrl+z it. Even when pressing shift to use the transform gizmo, its body becomes stiff after a very slight movement. I tried selecting the whole genesis figure then go to Edit > Figure > Limits > Turn Limits Off but it still didn't worked. What am I missing? When I load V4, it's moving fine with the active pose tool and its limits off. I'm talking about dragging the mouse btw, moving the body parts by dials works fine, just not by means of mouse.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,473
    edited December 1969

1. DAZ Studio's IK can't do that, unfortunately.

• GranvilleGranville Posts: 690
    edited December 1969

But mCasual has some scripts that might help.

Take a look at:

https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts2/mcjholdo

• edited December 1969

@Richard Haseltine
    I thought it has something to do with changing parent on the scene tab.
    What does changing parent do anyway??
    Also the "point at" button - just below the bend, rotate etc dials.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

The problem is that you can't parent part of a figure (e.g. the hand) to something else. You could only parent the entire figure, which won't do what you need.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,473
    edited December 1969

Point at will keep a set of bones aimed towards another (or to a null, for better control, which can itself be parented to another figure), but that won't keep it in place (and won't work with all bones).