"products" in content not being created.

RabeRabe Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Hi,
I have a problem with conent management.
Lately, when I install new stuff, I have a new folder in "Products" for the item in question, but the folder is empty. No thumbnails, nothing. Same thing happens when I manually create a new product. I chose a folder, lets say in poses, tell Daz to create a product..and thats about it. It creates an empty folder without any thumbnails for the items.
I cannot exactly pinpoint when this weird behaviour did start, but its quite exasperating.
I'm using Studio 4.5.1.6 pro (32 bit)
All the stuff i instaleld is working, but I have to find it in poses, figures etc. Older items in products are still there and working from there.
It would be great if anybody had an idea.

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

Are you installing using Install Manager, Bitrock installers, or manually extracting zips? Is DS closed while you install? Do you know if the CMS is running when you're installing?

• RabeRabe Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The CMS is runing, DS is closed and I am installing manually , using the .exe installers. I accidentally installed one item with DAZ open, but the others that don't show up with daz closed.
    I just noticed it doesnt happen for all folders. I tried for conent I had installed with a .zip (from XurgeCD) and it let me create a product complete with folder and thumbnail .

edited December 1969

Does nobody have an idea? Should I try support?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited April 2013

I wonder if the DS Version could have anything to do with it? Version 4.5.1.6 is older than Version 4.5.1.56, the end numbers are Full numbers not rounded numbers thus .6 is just six and .56 is fifty six a higher version. I'm sure Mike will know and if you update to .56 remember the older CMS will need uninstalled as well as DS.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Does that mean all my CMS categories/products etc etc will be lost? *panicmode on*

edited April 2013

We can talk you through backing up your DataBase, and restoring it. I did the full change from one PC to another without a hic up.
    I'm not suggesting this be done. I'm more wondering if the Version is involved. Lets wait for more answers before we go that far.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited April 2013

Backing up is not a problem..I think ;-). For a moment Iw as afraid that this might be one of those updates, where everything will have to be done anew.
    I just did the complete uninstall and reinstall. CMS included. All my products are still there, I can add a new product, but it still will only show an empty product folder. This is weird. At least my DAZ Version is up to date now ;-)
    Unfortunately I cannot pinpoint the exact time when this behaviour started.....

Post edited by Rabe on
    edited December 1969

Update: I ran a database maintenance (Condense Database and Consolidate file references) . Some how that seemed to do the trick. At the moment its working again.
    Thanks for Your help.

edited December 1969

Glad your up and running again. Happy Rendering.