ManifestFiles

HeraHera Posts: 1,955
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

What is really the ManifestFiles? What do they do?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,473
    edited December 1969

The Manifest files list the contents of the zip for the DAZ Install Manager.

• HeraHera Posts: 1,955
    edited December 1969

Okay, so there's no risk by removing them then?

edited December 1969

They are used to check for updates - if you remove the manifest files, and don't keep the zips in the downloads folder, then you won't get updates listed in the DIM - the items will simply appear in the available downloads as soon as both manifest and zip/dsx files are deleted.

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

The question I never got an answer to is, could one use the manifest files alone in some manner (in the original zip but sans other content) to allow having a structure the downloader worked with for tracking downloads without having to have the actual original downloads in said location? That is, could one set up something that didn't take huge amount of disk space for the downloader to reference per current versions?

edited December 1969

If the DIM installs the product it places the manifest file in the manifests folder. As long as that is there you can (manually) delete, or move, the installed files and delete the zip and still get updates listed as such in DIM.

edited December 1969

Thank you Richard. I haven't used the DLM so the manifest files I was aware of were in the zips themselves. This begs another question, is there a way to get the manifest files for the items we already have current so we don't have to do full product downloads for already current items?

edited December 1969

No, there isn't. Even if there were, there's no guarantee your current installation is up-to-date unless you've downloaded it fresh, given that notices were patchy in the old forum and non-existent since.

edited December 1969

Well perhaps it was a mistaken assumption that version numbers combined with download dates newer than 6 months would be a pretty good indicator.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Oh-oh! .... I thought those were for Mac

edited December 1969

Hehe, well tyg... another reason to have the manifest files available as a separate download ;p