Pwcatch/Compositing/Matching Perspective in a Background Picture

twallingtwalling Posts: 241
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Does anybody have any advice on how to line a 3D camera from Daz Studio so it will match the perspective of a background image?

I'm using pwCatch for compositing, and I have a background image I bought online somewhere I think. It's a street scene with buildings in the background.

I'm trying ot set it up that I'm using some cube primitives with the pwCatch surfaces on them to stand in for some buildings, and a plane for the street, so the shadows will all fall where they are supposed to, but I'm having a bear of a time getting the perspective to match.

Any suggestions at all?

Thanx

Comments

• twallingtwalling Posts: 241
    edited December 1969

Ha ha... I guess not.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

This is very hard to help with without any references to go by. Could you post a Screen shot or two?

• twallingtwalling Posts: 241
    edited December 1969

Haha, I just saw I got a reply. I gave up on this in frustration, I don't think there's any software that can do what I wanted to do. I guess it's just a matter of placing the camera where you THINK it needs to be.

edited May 2013

Actually it can be done. I've used pwCatch plenty of times for the very same type of thing. A Post of the Image and your Primitives would have helped loads.

And I answered the Thread the very same day just 5 hours later if you look at the Date time stamps.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,698
    edited December 1969

I did this one in '05 on a beta of D|S: no PwCatch in the store or in the budget back then. I used the background image as "Background" on my Default Camera and posed/positioned the figures via the Perspective View (probably: it's been a few years, but I don't think I'd have been setting up with multiple lights in those days.) Lighting was all done with Spotlights based on figures' placement in the "street" and they were rendered at full scale, adjusted to actual "distance". The image was one from MoeGoofie's old lost site. I know it's not quite what you were asking about, but does that recipe give you any usable pointers?

Empty_Streets.jpg
    600 x 480 - 215K
    edited December 1969

Such a dead thread. Lets just let it rest in peace.