Remove unwanted autofit morphs

kokorosenshikokorosenshi Posts: 23
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

HI! I'm having trouble removing an autofit morph, the image shows the crotch area being depressed after i morph genesis into aiko 3, I need to know how to remove these kinds of morphs

remove_morph.jpg
1280 x 960 - 110K

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Select the Item open your Parameters Tab select All Used, then in the Mini menu select Show Hidden. Set any hidden none Zero morphs to zero.

• kokorosenshikokorosenshi Posts: 23
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Select the Item open your Parameters Tab select All Used, then in the Mini menu select Show Hidden. Set any hidden none Zero morphs to zero.

i just now tried it, but the only morph that shows up is FBMAiko3, if i zero that, it'll go back to fit the genesis figure and it'll look out of place

result1.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 115K
    edited April 2013

bumping cause i think im on to something

ok, i think i may have found a "work around" that im not very happy with, to keep it short, instead of going to lvl 1 or 2 smoothing in hexagon, i kept it at 0 so the clothing figure looks like something from the ps1 or n64, not a problem, converted it to subD and went up to 2, it looked good, smoothed and all that good stuff, the problem with this is that i have not done the uv map for it yet, so when i turn up the subd to 2, the texture file is going to get really screwed up because of all that smoothing, it would be a different story if in hexagon, i only went up to lvl1 smoothing and then used the subd on daz, like how genesis does it, but going 2x the amount in daz's smoothing is really going to mess with the uv map and texture files

question is, does anyone know a much better way to get better results without having to use a lot of smoothing

OR

i know i can import uv maps into a figure, so would this work if a set of uv has more than the original figure?

Post edited by kokorosenshi on
  • Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,408
    edited December 1969

bumping cause i think im on to something

ok, i think i may have found a "work around" that im not very happy with, to keep it short, instead of going to lvl 1 or 2 smoothing in hexagon, i kept it at 0 so the clothing figure looks like something from the ps1 or n64, not a problem, converted it to subD and went up to 2, it looked good, smoothed and all that good stuff, the problem with this is that i have not done the uv map for it yet, so when i turn up the subd to 2, the texture file is going to get really screwed up because of all that smoothing, it would be a different story if in hexagon, i only went up to lvl1 smoothing and then used the subd on daz, like how genesis does it, but going 2x the amount in daz's smoothing is really going to mess with the uv map and texture files

question is, does anyone know a much better way to get better results without having to use a lot of smoothing

OR

i know i can import uv maps into a figure, so would this work if a set of uv has more than the original figure?

If you're trying to make a custom FBM (or any morph for that matter) for a piece of clothing, you can't change its vertex count. Adding Smoothing in Hexagon adds vertexes to the mesh. You can add a smoothing modifier in DS though. Therefore, if you want to make your custom FBM in Hexagon, you have to adjust the mesh by direct manipulation of the existing vertexes without adding or subtracting vertexes, this means no Smoothing.
  • wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

apply a smothing modifier and change the Base Shape Matching to Generic. Then play with the smoothing iterations. You might need, after that, to take it into a modeller and further edit the morph, then bring it back in with Morph Loader Pro as the FBM.

edited April 2013

well im not trying to make a morph or custom fbm, i just want the crotch area to be smoothed out

im gonna give a shot to what you two guys said, then i'll let you guys know what happens

Post edited by kokorosenshi on
  • wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

And to fit, and you might need to make a custom FBM to accomplish that.

• thoreandanthoreandan Posts: 151
    edited December 1969

You could also use a tight-fitting skirt that fits the Genesis A3 shape better, if you have one, as a go-between. Smooth the piece of clothing you're having trouble with and set the skirt as the collision target, and set the tight skirt surfaces to 0% opacity. A dress might work, too.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,598
    edited April 2013

HI! I'm having trouble removing an autofit morph, the image shows the crotch area being depressed after i morph genesis into aiko 3, I need to know how to remove these kinds of morphs

There are two solutions to this that I have used. Which you use is up to personal preference.

1. In the scene tab add a smoothing modifier. Then go to parameters. Change the smoothing type to Generic instead of follow base.

change the weight to about .75 and play with the smoothing modifier by gradually increasing it until it smooths out.

2. Send Genesis and the clothing to hex. Lock genesis in the properties tab so it doesn't get in your way while you are working. With soft selection on and setting it at about .2 select the central vertice and gently pull it forward. Than go to UV and paint tab. Select the soften tool. Using the right brush size(default is normally okay) slowly run the brush upwards and down and from side to side. Be careful not to touch any areas you don't want to change. When it is smooth send the clothing back to DS. It should automatically generate the dialogue for creating a morph. Choose where you want your morph to appear and name it. Hit okay. Go to the parameter tab and set the new morph to 100.

Post edited by Pendraia on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,474
    edited December 1969

The actual morph would be a bit trickier to make - follow Pendraia's advice above -but otherwise my tutorial on fixing an auto morph applies http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/17277/

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,598
    edited December 1969

The actual morph would be a bit trickier to make - follow Pendraia's advice above -but otherwise my tutorial on fixing an auto morph applies http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/17277/

It is a little bit more work but would allow more flexibility with adjusting the smoothing. I've noticed sometimes with things like that when you change the pose you find it difficult to readjust when other difficulties pop up.

My general work flow tends to be to fix any distortions on the base genesis with a morph and leave smoothing for when I change shapes or poses. Even then you will sometimes need to create additional morphs for more extreme shapes and poses.

edited December 1969

Sup, apologies I didn't get back sooner, I didn't have time to fiddle with the clothing up until earlier today, anyways

I tried the advices you guys gave me, adding a smooth modifier kind of worked, but when i started animating the figure, things went kind of sour, then i tried richard haseltine tutorial and that did the trick, now the only problem i have is the way things animate when the figure is walking, but im sure i can fix that with the weight mappings and what not