Can a D-former be used to make a JCM (Joint controlled Morph)?

I'm trying to create a custom morph following this tutorial.

http://wiki.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/userguide/creating_content/assembling/tutorials/creating_joint_controlled_morphs/start

I've been however messing with the D-former thanks to this tutorial...

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/6484/

and it felt really natural to use. I planned on using Hexagon at first to create my morph but this D-former seems really simple. Can i used the D-former to create a JCM or mush i use Hexagon? Please and thank you ^_^

Post edited by MarquisIX_8b0b0f5fa0 on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,474
    edited December 1969

You can use the DFormer to create a morph, and any morph can become a JCM by using ERC Freeze. However, you won't get the Reverse Deformations option from the DForm's own spawn morph command - what you could do is export as OBJ, making sure Genesis is in the base resolution, then load that as the OBJ morph in the tutorial is loaded after deleting the DForms.

• edited December 1969

Ok ok. What is this ERC Freeze? I have never seen this term anywhere in DAZ Studio.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,474
    edited December 1969

Create your morph and position the joint, so that everything is manually set the way you want it to be set by the joint. Now open the Property Editor option menu (as a suggestion, because the Property editor can take an age to refresh, open it with nothing selected and dock it in a group with another pane, then make the other pane the active one; you can now get the Property Editor option menu by right-clicking on its tab, without having to make it active and waiting for it to populate). From the option menu choose ERC Freeze. Set Figure: to the figure with the pose and the morph; set Node to the thing whose bend should trigger the morph; set Property to the actual rotation paarameter (or whatever) that you want to trigger the morph, and that is currently set; now in Freeze Properties make sure you morph is checked; finally uncheck Restore Figure Rigging, but leave the other two options set. After clicking Accept there should be no visible change, but if you now adjust the joint the morph should track the change.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,157
    edited December 1969

Now that's some useful information. Thanks Richard!

• edited December 1969

Alright, I got the jist of that. Thank you very much.