Hair not following pose character

MirMir Posts: 37
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Hi,

I ran into an issue while i was trying out some new poses with my Catgirl character.
I used the hair that is in the Catgirl bundle cause it looks great on it.
The hair is fit to the genesis figure which is good i guess.
But when i give her a pose, for example a crawling one, the hair doesnt follow the pose.
It's still stuck to her head but the back is just simply hanging down sticking through her chest, its not following the arch of her back.
The weird thing is that some other hairtypes just follow a pose perfectly.
Am i doing something wrong here? or is it just the hair?
I recently lost all the files in the smart content tab, so im using the content library for now cause i dont want to uninstall and reinstall everything.
Tried everything else to get the content back but nothing worked.
But when i still was able to use the smart content tab i dont think i had these problems.
Everything autofitted, but now i need to put everything ,also clothing,manually to fit the genesis character using the option in the parameter tab.
In still kind of new to all of this, so i dont know everything yet :)
I've read something about parenting items but i dont know what that means.
Or is it just simply like this, if hair isnt made that way its not going to work that way?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,473
    edited April 2013

It depends on how the hair is set up - some hair is a single item and uses morphs to shape it, some hair is a conforming figure which will follow the pose of the wearer the way clothing does (even if you don't want it to) and some is a figure with its own special bones for posing. The Catgirl hair is of the latter type - it has a Hair neck bone attached to the head and then a Hair Length bone attached to that, you should use those to adjust the way the hair hangs. In the image I bent both bones back, and used the LeftSideback morph to pull the hair out of the shoulder.

CatGirlHairPosed.JPG
    410 x 928 - 44K
    Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • MirMir Posts: 37
    edited December 1969

Oh thnx :) i didn't notice that at all, sorry.
    Thank you for the fast reply !