Asset Folder Issue

DoomsdayCMDoomsdayCM Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Okay, so here is my problem. I have created many characters over the last several months. With some of them they are edits of a character so I open a character, edit/change and then save into a new folder. I save the .DUF as well as export a copy as a .OBJ I collect maps and write, etc.

My issue is that when I go to open or import a character 80% of the time it tries to read the assets from other folders either the original DAZ character files of from and old folder where a previous version is stored.

How can I get DAZ to read from the right freakin folder where the associated files are stored?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,474
    edited December 1969

How are you saving? As a preset (right), with Morph Assets for any custom shapes, or as a Figure Asset? If you do the latter, and don't change the author or product names, then DS will read the first version of the files it comes to - though it should still save custom morphs as assets, so they will be available. If you do change the names in the option dialogue then you are duplicating a lot of files, and preventing any new morphs you install from working with the modified figure.

• DoomsdayCMDoomsdayCM Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I have been saving as scene subset because some of the figures/models I have used in the past were in .obj or .fbx format

edited December 1969

Well, assets are remembered by their location if they haven't changed. If they have chnaged (if you've modified a morph, say) you may want to save it as an asset (under a new name, unless you are happy to replace the old version).

• DoomsdayCMDoomsdayCM Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Well what it is is this. I used the base M4 added attire, props, etc. Saved to new folder as scene subset (I tried character but it said I had to select a triax weight fig) and then did an export ob .obj to the new folder as well which collected the maps.

So my new character and mas are saved in a new folder, I take those assets (images) and do my texture and skin editing, BUT when I load or import the character into DAZ it still reads from either the old figure or DAZ defaults, unedited.

edited December 1969

Well the scene won't point to the collected maps, it won't even know they exist. You would need to either reapply the maps from the new location or save the Sceen Subset without compression and edit the paths in a text editor.