v4 and genesis characters

mr-demonmr-demon Posts: 8
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Was wondering how to load renderosity characters that are for v4 and genesis and how to get them to work. Do you need gen x ?

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited April 2013

No, but you do need the V4 character and any V4 morphs the character calls for to use V4 characters. Genesis can only use V4 textures and Clothing with Autofit. The content itself just needs installed into your Daz Studio content folder properly for it to be used in DS.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • mr-demonmr-demon Posts: 8
    edited December 1969

Thank you... but is there a certain way it should be loaded into the content folder ? What file what area ?

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

If these are ZIP files, which I believe they are, then if you are on a PC, you should merge the appropriate folders with the ones that are already in your content folder.

You may, for example, have a folder called Runtime in the ZIP, and it should be merged with the one that is already in your content library, the same applies to People, Data etc. The folders inside the runtime should already exist in your library and just require to be merged.

If the ZIP file contains a folder called 'Content', go into that folder, and merge the contents of it with your library folders. Do NOT create a folder called Content inside the My Library folder (or the My DAZ 3D Library if using DIM)

If you are not sure, please post a list of the contents of the ZIP file, and tell us what you are using for a DAZ Studio library (My Library = default, My DAZ 3D Library for the DIM)

edited December 1969

That worked perfect rhank you again. Now as far as the character morphs I take it they work the same ?

edited December 1969

Assuming that they are in a folder that you recognise, they should merge with the other content.

What folder are they in, and what figure are they for? V4 morphs need to go into the same Runtime folder as V4, but Genesis is slightly different.

edited December 1969

That may be my issue, putting the morphs in the proper spots and loading the v4 morph as well.

edited December 1969

Do ui u liad the files the same way and change the genesis shape to v4 ?

edited December 1969

The V4 shape for Genesis will not be able to use the V4 morphs, it is still a Genesis figure, and not a Generation 4 figure like V4.

That is why you would need the GenX plugin to use V4 morphs on Genesis. Is that what you mean?