Editing my animation

kistanchyokistanchyo Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Art Studio

I am brand new to DAZ. I have an animation I would like to edit the first 80 frames, but leave the rest unchanged. Can someone please give me the steps for doing this? Thank you.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,561
    edited December 1969

What do you mean? If you want to change the poses just change them, if you want to change a rendered animation you will need to brak it down into frames in a video editor (try Virtual Dub first, since it's free) if you didn't render to frames in the first place, create the edited frames, and stitch them back into a video.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

As long as you still have your working animation file just set the RANGE in the timeline to only the part you wish to edit. Do your new work and then only Render that part out as new frames. Then Assemble into your preferred format and use a Movie editor to replace the old part with the new part.

I only Render to frames and do each scene as a different animation. I then JOIN all the different files in a editor. I find this method easy because I can edit any part I like and just that one part if I need too.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,164
    edited December 1969

I dunno what programs you have. But If you have Adobe Photoshop 3D extended cs5 or greater, you can import your AVI movie scene into photoshop and it will break the AVI into individual PNG graphic frames . and you can edit it through Photoshop, though you need to have Photoshop 3d CS5 extended or greater , in order to do this.
    Also beware it will create a large file of PNG graphics so I suggest you make a dedicated file just for editing this scene. this is a great way to do post work and add effects as well to a AVi file , when your done you can save as any video format you want .. the default is a quicktime. movie file . so you will need to make sure to choose AVI on save.

• DPWDPW Posts: 266
    edited December 1969

Personally, I use Magix Movie Edit Pro HD. I think it's around £39 at the moment and it's superb!

However, if you want to cut out the first 80 frames on your Daz render, just change the render time. 1 second = 30 frames, depending what you have your fps set at.