Daz 4 files distorting in Daz 4.5

galattgalatt Posts: 223
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Hello,
I first want to thank you all for all the help you've already posted here. You have helped me solve several problems already, but I have had a major one crop up.
When I load my old Daz 4 files, I can adjust, manipulate, and render them with no problem.
But when I save them in 4.5, and try to open the new file the figures are horribly distorted. The odd thing is that their clothes are fine and still in the correct place.
Note; this doesn't happen on the new projects that I've done in 4.5.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

dw

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Sometimes this works. Load the file, the messed up one. Now save as a New Scene file (new name do not lose the old one) then exit DS and then open DS. Load the NEW file. If this has not fixed the errors let us know. And other help is ready.

• galattgalatt Posts: 223
    edited December 1969

It told me that I had duplicate IDs, but that worked.
    Thanks.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Glad you can use your scene files now. The Duplicate ID errors are harmless, but it does point out that some of your Genesis content has been updated and you have not installed the new versions. This is not your fault as notices of updates to items are not sent to users at this time. I had the same happen when I went from 4.0 to 4.5.