UberEnvironment2 AMBIENT OCCLUSION SHADOW CATCHING????

Can you catch the ambient occlusion shadows on a ground plane when using UberEnvironment2. I am able to get the Shadow Catching brick set up after watching a tutorial on Shadow Catching using a normal Daz light. But when using UE2 there is no shadow catching. The ground plane primitive just disappears. NOT using Shadow casting brick and there is a soft shadow on the ground plane. Does anyone know how to set up SHADOW CATCHING when using UberEnvironment2. And I am using IBL texture as my lighting source.

Comments

• deepsixdeepsix Posts: 62
    edited December 1969

Hi DonaldC203, did you find a solution for this? I have same question.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited July 2013

Hi,, there is good tool offered by Osomaki.
    shadow catcher for AO shadow
    it is powerful tool but you may need to use color picker, then adjust RGB color,,
    I afraid you may not understand how to use this tool,,,

And tofusan show shader mixer recipi in his blog,,
    but a few pic is not so family friendly,,, so I may not show link ^^; without his permission,,.

Tofusan and Osomaki mentioned on his blog,,, the recipi had been introduced in daz forum,
    by surfdabbler , but when I checked the link ,I am missing the original topic,,,,

In my pic, I just added ds default material blick with surface ,from tofusan (surfdabbler) recipi
    because I often get trouble,, when use surface blick without daz default material blick,,

but you may need not to add ds default material blick,
    you can simply connect to input opacity of Root surface blick ,
    without ds default material blick, from Clump or step out put value ( tofusan show the way)

And in my pic,,
    labeled "shadow operation" blick,, is ,Function> mathmatics> " binary operation" blicks.
    I changed name,

you need to set "binary operation blick" value = 255,255,255, . Operation = subtract.

then adjust shadow area and intensity by Clump blick, min and max properties.

I usually set min 0.0 to 0.25 and when I need more strong shadow,, change max value (usually 1.00 to 0.85 etc)
    sometimes plane surface visible,,,,
    it change which type of lighing of UE2 you use,

I think,, when use Occulusion w/soft shadow,
    it make more clear black shadow with this shadow cathcer.
    than Occulsion with direcitonal shadow. (I need more low value about max )

if you change diffuse color (daz default Material blick, diffuse color property,) it can adjust shadow color too.
    eg apply medium grey or red darken shadow,,though you may need not,,,)

Then,,, I hope to know the way how to change the shape of AO shadow with shader mixer,,
    ( stretch and rotate shadow to the direction which I hope to ,,)

though it is not actuall effect from IBL,, but ,it make me easy to adjust shadow with surroundings maps)

test2.JPG
    830 x 561 - 80K
    catchedsphere.JPG
    985 x 602 - 100K
    AOcatch.JPG
    1048 x 617 - 81K
    Post edited by kitakoredaz on